Duncan Ferguson Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be an exceptional everton manager you need to care about the club, he does in spades. He knows what the fans want, the same as himself. Only my humble opinion.
Every manager knows...victory and trophies. Sick of all this 'get Everton' guff. Every clubs local supporters are similar

To be honest, I would like to see how things go for Everton without Big Dunc being part of the setup when our new Manager gets appointed. The problem is, who will have the balls to tell the guy he's not wanted? :D

Bill and Mosh  .jpg

Starting to come around to the "Get Dunc in" brigade, he knows the club inside out, will be aware of what we need to do transfer wise, Conte or the like comes in he has to win everyone/fans too over, could be off too whenever a big job in Italy becomes available,Dunc knows these charlatans in our team inside out,hopefully he would call them all out, stick him in charge for now on a month by month contract, he's done his badges,what have we got to lose?

Our Premier League status for 1.

terrible idea a month by month contract. What does this do? The manager and players would both know that 1 bad month and he could be gone.

the next manager needs actual management experience not just 4 games in charge.

why didn’t we show this passion the last 3 managers with Dunc as the assistant on the touch line? He still had some authority over players.

If that story about Carlo wanting to take him to Madrid is true (its a big IF I know) then that puts to bed any idea that he's a useless cone laying galoot as some claimed. I kinda wish he had taken it, he could have got boss experience at the biggest club in the world and then come back and maybe managed us in the future but I guess if he took the job then he might be on Moshiris hit list, plus I get the impression he's only interested in working in football if its with Everton.

Article is probably nonsense though given the source

Just read that about the rumour Carlo wanted him at Real.

Idiot if he didn't go

I would come round to the idea of Dunc taking the job on the basis that he hired a number 2 with excellent tactical experience as that could be an area where he might struggle. Perhaps someone like Glenn Hoddle.

At the end of the day we could blame previous managers all we want but inevitably It comes down to recruitment and we have either just been not good enough in that area or unlucky based on some big signings being injury prone or suffering serious injuries affecting future performance.

It is a great shame though to think that we are probably in a worse position now on the pitch than we were when moshiri first took over, we can't allow that to still be the case when we move into the new stadium.

Starting to come around to the "Get Dunc in" brigade, he knows the club inside out, will be aware of what we need to do transfer wise, Conte or the like comes in he has to win everyone/fans too over, could be off too whenever a big job in Italy becomes available,Dunc knows these charlatans in our team inside out,hopefully he would call them all out, stick him in charge for now on a month by month contract, he's done his badges,what have we got to lose?
Behave lad. We have everything to lose. Do you think we have spent half a billion pound in the last 5 years trying to take that next big step to turn around and just go yeah, let’s give that big clueless idiot a month by month contract while we try to sort a new stadium too.

Imagine wanting someone to learn their trade before becoming Everton manager

Utter nonsense
Learn their trade, like he hasn't been in in professional football for the best part of 35 years.

As someone who has spent the best part of his life playing and coaching in Premier League, what valuable experience would he gain from managing a team he never played for or has any connection with in a league he doesn't know? By your reckoning, we might as well just appoint Micky Mellon.

Our last 8 managers going back to Howard Kendall, only 3 of them didn't start at the club they finished playing at. Walter Smith, Ronald Koeman, Carlo Ancelotti. All 3 of them took coaching roles with their respective national sides before moving into club management, and only 1 of them, Walter Smith, didn't manage a club he played for.

It's such a ridiculous point. If Real Madrid and Barcelona, arguably 2 of the biggest jobs in football, can appoint managers as former players who have Little to no experience and go on to be 2 of the most successful managers in their respective clubs history's, what makes you think Everton can't do similar (again, I might add) for their comparatively modest goals and ambitions?

It's about the character of the man as much as anything relating to experience, otherwise, Barry Fry would be held in the same esteem as the other famous Ferguson.

Given Conte’s successes I think the majority of fans would be on board straight away.

With Duncan, calling out charlatans likely won’t work much, how do you motivate most of these millionaires ? And with that, Duncan’s methods , if they are like that, could create problems in the dressing room given the ego of players. It’s pathetic however modern football is rife with it. It’s a balancing act.

I’d like to think Everton are better than this or should aspire to be anyway with month to month contracts a no for me.

The lunacy of the rumour that Carlo wanted Duncan with him at Real. In what role pray? Talking to the Real players? They would not understand a word he said. I am not sure Carlo understood him without difficulty.

Having one of us manage the team would be an interesting watch, but I think it'd likely end in tears.

Dunc is a great lad, but he has obvious temperament issues. How long would it take for all of that to come forward again?

Status
Not open for further replies.