New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are all placeholder reports in the mainstream media. They know nothing. Frankly, I doubt that the club knows who they want that they could get, so how would the media?

Moshiri has no need to panic - we are not in a relegation fight like we were when he went for Big Sam after letting Koeman dangle on a rope for at least a month too long. This time, he has some space to make the proper choice. His ego dictates that he will want somebody with status. I think we could be waiting a bit longer for this one, and we might be surprised.

Alternatively, Carlo's departure has shattered him and he no longer cares. But is that really the likely reaction of a billionaire? I tend to think not. I wouldn't be amazed if the likes of David Moyes are furious at being used in our managerial smoke and mirrors.

All said, there's no harm in chatting with Nuno. I'd expect the club to sound out a number of plausible options. But I suspect it's a process. There will be a lot of managerial musical chairs this summer. This all buys us time under the guise of due diligence. Who knows who might become available when 11m a year is suggested as a possible compensation for having to sing the praises of Formby beach.

Sometimes I think 'what's the point?'. Say we get lucky with (insert young, talented upcoming manager's name here), they do well for two seasons, look like building something really worthwhile, then a Russian oligarch or sheikh flutters some cash and they're off waving goodbye to us. We then enter the merry go round of managers and go through another 4 until we hit lucky again. Rinse, repeat. Unless a manager stays for a prolonged period which is very rare these days, we, and 95% of other clubs, are just in a continuous cycle of boom and bust. The business of football is tiresome these days. I've never been more underwhelmed by football than I am now.
Completely understand. Guess the hope is pulling a Leicester

I said Rangnick eight years ago, everyone on SM laughed. Now look at us.

That ship has sailed. Conte is a worthier leader than Santo, but Benitez remains my pick of that bunch.

These are all placeholder reports in the mainstream media. They know nothing. Frankly, I doubt that the club knows who they want that they could get, so how would the media?

Moshiri has no need to panic - we are not in a relegation fight like we were when he went for Big Sam after letting Koeman dangle on a rope for at least a month too long. This time, he has some space to make the proper choice. His ego dictates that he will want somebody with status. I think we could be waiting a bit longer for this one, and we might be surprised.

Alternatively, Carlo's departure has shattered him and he no longer cares. But is that really the likely reaction of a billionaire? I tend to think not. I wouldn't be amazed if the likes of David Moyes are furious at being used in our managerial smoke and mirrors.

All said, there's no harm in chatting with Nuno. I'd expect the club to sound out a number of plausible options. But I suspect it's a process. There will be a lot of managerial musical chairs this summer. This all buys us time under the guise of due diligence. Who knows who might become available when 11m a year is suggested as a possible compensation to having to sing the praises of Formby beach.

hope your right mate

Its well known that Moyes was on the verge of rejoining before Ancelotti got sacked

King, Bascombe, Maddock - 3 of the local journos saying same thing about Moyes and Nuno so its co-ordinated. Hunter, McNulty and Joyce quiet though
I know he was very strongly linked but he didn’t get the job did he.

Might point is this is all flexible and football journalists will report new things to keep a story fresh.

Maybe Nuno and Moyes are the front runners? Maybe we haven’t cut down the list to 2. Maybe something else will come up like Carlo did which changes things.

My point is people should stop going overboard and stressing themselves about a process we have no idea about and that the journalists themselves will likely only have snippets of info about.

Kenright and Unsworth. Purge the pair of them from the club tomorrow and we have a chance.
If they are each left in their current roles they will continue to undermine a new manager, diminish their authority in the eyes of the players behind the scenes and be generally bad actors. They both need removing.
They both contribute heavily to the atmosphere of complacency and lack of pride about the club. I am convinced of that.

Once Kenwright is gone the whole boys club will come crumbling down. Brands should’ve been ruthless from day 1 and booted Unsworth out and started restructuring the academy set up, it was one of his key mandates when he came in and he’s done nothing with it in 3 years.

Once Kenwright is gone the whole boys club will come crumbling down. Brands should’ve been ruthless from day 1 and booted Unsworth out and started restructuring the academy set up, it was one of his key mandates when he came in and he’s done nothing with it in 3 years.

This season’s been a real improvement. There’s no way Bill would have allowed him to get rid of Unsworth.

All said, there's no harm in chatting with Nuno. I'd expect the club to sound out a number of plausible options. But I suspect it's a process. There will be a lot of managerial musical chairs this summer. This all buys us time under the guise of due diligence. Who knows who might become available when 11m a year is suggested as a possible compensation for having to sing the praises of Formby beach.
Spot on mate.....it’s always made to sound like we are chasing the manager. Brands phone has probably being ringing non stop from agents. Everton had one of the highest earning managers in the world. The opportunity is there but as we all know it just needs the right fit.

Honestly what incentive is there for moyes to return other sentimental reasons? He's in the Europa league , has a squad he's content with and doesn't have to contend with the massive pressure from the fans and Moshiri. Also seems like he has clear control of the transfers. It would be different if bill was still presiding over the operation now I assume he just meddles with sappy romantic notions on what Everton should embody.

Status
Not open for further replies.