New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
King in the mail says Brands has had lots of applications, is going to be thorough, and nothing is imminent

Do we trust King?

He seems to be the only one peddling the story that Moshiri was unhappy with Ancelotti, which would make sense.

Last edited:
Kenright and Unsworth. Purge the pair of them from the club tomorrow and we have a chance.
If they are each left in their current roles they will continue to undermine a new manager, diminish their authority in the eyes of the players behind the scenes and be generally bad actors. They both need removing.
Honestly, I'd fire the entire coaching staff. All of them. There's a loser mentality at the club. Manager after manager comes in but the same crew are pottering around in the background. Clear out the lot of them. Bring in young, hungry coaches and young, hungry players. I'm so sick of this chummy club of losers acting like 6th place is an achievement.

Not too sure. The playstyle just goes completely against how he built AZ and PSV.
So Brands isn't even picking by sounds of it. It's just all up in the air. I honestly can't think of one manager I even want that we can realistically get. Maybe a Moyes/ Nuno option is right for a few seasons. I honestly don't know anymore.

King in the mail says Brands has had lots of applications, is going to be thorough, and nothing is imminent

Oh that's encouraging then. I had assumed that since I hadn't heard back yet they'd moved on to other candidates.

Sometimes I think 'what's the point?'. Say we get lucky with (insert young, talented upcoming manager's name here), they do well for two seasons, look like building something really worthwhile, then a Russian oligarch or sheikh flutters some cash and they're off waving goodbye to us. We then enter the merry go round of managers and go through another 4 until we hit lucky again. Rinse, repeat. Unless a manager stays for a prolonged period which is very rare these days, we, and 95% of other clubs, are just in a continuous cycle of boom and bust. The business of football is tiresome these days. I've never been more underwhelmed by football than I am now.

It seems that Spurs aren’t offering Conte the wages he wants. I hope Moshiri gets his cheque book out for Conte as the man is a winner and will not let some of our half arsed players waltz around like they have done for years.

If we can’t get him (not sure why he’d take it) then I’d go with Moyes for stability

20m?? How do you work that out?
Unsworth himself was manager for a period and likely got a bump in income for same. It’s inevitable that has been retained since. Conservatively call it 2m a year, likely more. Why had he never left for a full time senior manager role?
Add his coaching and support staff of 7-10 least and we’ll call it 4m..
Thereafter a squad of 20 overpaid numpties some of whom are on close to prem contracts and we could call it and average of 500k a year (conservative given how we spend money) and 20m is not unrealistic.

I find it weird people still get sucked in by the 24 hour news cycle where they have to constantly say something new to get clicks.

Moyes was linked heavily when we got Carlo.

Just wait and see what actually develops rather than getting twisted out of shape by an article that is almost certainly trash.

We might end up with Nuno or Moyes, but let’s be honest these journalists don’t have a clue.

Its well known that Moyes was on the verge of rejoining before Ancelotti got sacked

Do we trust King?

He seems to be the only one peddling the story that Moshiri was unhappy with Ancelotti, which would sense.

King, Bascombe, Maddock - 3 of the local journos saying same thing about Moyes and Nuno so its co-ordinated. Hunter, McNulty and Joyce quiet though

Honestly how hard is it.

We went through Martinez, Koeman, Silva and Fat Sam all managers who have never done nothing - millions spend, p1ssed up the wall and stood still while clubs pass us by.

Carlo gave us some pride back to the badge and club. Yeah I hate the way he went but he is now the benchmark of Everton.

I wish it was Conte but we need someone who is going to fire up this team and club.

I'd go Marcelo Gallardo:

He will be exciting and challenging which is what we need not some plank to just steer the boat but a leader to wrestle us from rocky waters to a better place.

Come on Everton put the pride back in our name

Unsworth himself was manager for a period and likely got a bump in income for same. It’s inevitable that has been retained since. Conservatively call it 2m a year, likely more. Why had he never left for a full time senior manager role?
Add his coaching and support staff of 7-10 least and we’ll call it 4m..
Thereafter a squad of 20 overpaid numpties some of whom are on close to prem contracts and we could call it and average of 500k a year (conservative given how we spend money) and 20m is not unrealistic.
Pure guesswork then?

Status
Not open for further replies.