New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
....not sure about statements like that. I think it’s more about getting the Manager who assembles us a really good team. The mind set will change with wins, good players in good teams have the right mentality.
Did the mindset change under Moyes though? The wins came but it was still scrappy, best-of-the-rest Everton. A player like James Rodriguez doesn't go play for any of those Moyes teams. A boss like Ancelotti, regardless of criticisms, attracts players in that top tier needed to consistently compete.

I’m thinking TenHag might be Brands preferred option.
Seems to have worked his way through the different levels, might be good, not sure he’d leave Ajax though for mid table club.

Id be bewildered if they spoke with Gallardo and didnt offer it to him. Hes by far the best candidate for the South American market which we seem to be trying to tap.

Potter may well be a good manager to bring in. However, he wont have any cache with players at all and it would be a gamble.

He may play very nice football but our players wont be able to play that style...so if were going down that route theres other managers who have more cache for the long term rebuild.

Disaster written all over him...How do you take Dortmund to 5th with the side he had?

Gallardo is the one...by a mile.

Not sure why you would have a totally different managerial profile as 2nd choice though?

Zat, Favre is a very decent manager, and exactly what we need. Yes, you're right in that he didn't have a great spell at Dortmund, but we're not Dortmund, we're exactly like a Nice or a Borussia Monchengladbach... exactly like it, and he worked wonders with both of them. Let him build a team, and you miss Dortmund situation.

Having never heard of Gallardo, i've spent time watching some River games/highlights over last day and it's impressive, whether he can take that, and bring it here, who knows.

Potter, is someone i'm slowly warming too, he may not have that "reach", but you have to start somewhere, the idea he's had scouts in South America to get that Caicedo, and brought in players like Moder, Bissouma says to me he has a philosophy we could get behind, but is the job too big? We've been burnt with Silva before.

But please god, no Howe, Rafael, Moyes, Hughes etc

There are lots of short memories on this forum. Anyone calling for Martinez needs to give their head a wobble. Defence was non existent and the only reason the 1st season was a success was because the team had already been well set up defensively under Moyes. Never go back. We did with HK and nearly ruined his legacy. Same goes for Moyes. He really pulled our pants down when he went to Utd and I for one will never forget the Fellini and Baines chase. Ten Hag seems to have been Brands choice last time round before Mosh threw a lottery win at Ancelotti. Let Brands run the show and get who he wants in.

I’m thinking TenHag might be Brands preferred option.
Seems to have worked his way through the different levels, might be good, or sure he’d leave Ajax though

As long as you're happy to pay through the nose to get his services (that's if he even wants to come - which sounds like he's very, very happy at Ajax).

As long as you're happy to pay through the nose to get his services (that's if he even wants to come - which sounds like he's very, very happy at Ajax).

Agree but we’re getting €20m back off Carlo, you never know... although the Dutch don’t tend to do that well here.

Did the mindset change under Moyes though? The wins came but it was still scrappy, best-of-the-rest Everton. A player like James Rodriguez doesn't go play for any of those Moyes teams. A boss like Ancelotti, regardless of criticisms, attracts players in that top tier needed to consistently compete.

...it’s about winning & whilst he’s a joy to watch, I’m not sure we win anything whilst Rodriguez is here. Kendall got it right, he wasn’t nasty but he brought in a group of players who had quality, attitude & blend.

Getting the right manager is key, finding him is the hard bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.