New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Id be bewildered if they spoke with Gallardo and didnt offer it to him. Hes by far the best candidate for the South American market which we seem to be trying to tap.

Not sure that’s true, not his fault if he hasn’t got quality strikers. I seen a number of games, where they out played a number of top teams.
Utd & Leicester at home. Dominated both games,
But missed so many chances. And lost both

I do think there is an element of snobbery amongst our fans when it comes to young British coaches. Potter has done well, who is too say with more money he would do better. we've just had a serial winner in charge and he pretty much was as meh as it can get but he had pulling power. A younger coach might go for younger hungrier players.

In short, I have no idea where we go from here, kicked right in the nads.

Potter may well be a good manager to bring in. However, he wont have any cache with players at all and it would be a gamble.

He may play very nice football but our players wont be able to play that style...so if were going down that route theres other managers who have more cache for the long term rebuild.

View attachment 129072Hope to god we even speak to him

Disaster written all over him...How do you take Dortmund to 5th with the side he had?

Marcelo Gallardo is the man. If we can’t tempt him go for Favre. We need something a bit different instead of just going for the usual suspects.

Gallardo is the one...by a mile.

Not sure why you would have a totally different managerial profile as 2nd choice though?

Looking at the next manager betting...
Once again it appears we're aiming too low. With Carlo I'd thought we'd broken with appointing budget managers.
The best managers attract the best players.

I fear we're looking from the bottom.
I trust the club are aiming higher.
You have more faith in the club than most then.

But I agree. Felt like we took an important step forward appointing Ancelotti. Now it's back to hoping the next flavor-of-the-month manager is the real deal and can push us forward.

Big Dunc is the only man that would have all the fans onside

Love the fella... But this is so far wrong, it hurts.

He'd do well for 2-3 games, get found out, and we'd be right down the bottom half of this table.

He has never held a permanent position, never had to dig in deep, it's a massive no from me. Make him a club ambassador or whatever, but still being a token gesture of a club.

Martinez couldnt defend.

Graham Potters Brighton conceded less goals & created more chances than Carlo Ancelottis Everton.

I think the only way Potter works is if theres a massive rebuild over a 3 year period.

Id be in favour of that of course...but hows he going to play from the back on day 1 with our defence and midfield...

He would need to make huge changes...would you trust in that process?

Could he attract the best young players?

Im not sure he has the cache.

Gallardo falls into the Conte category

Would love it but never happening

I think we need to look for a manager who has taken a low table side up into europa contention from the continent

Status
Not open for further replies.