New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't even muster the energy to care today. I hope it's a young hungry manager that wants young hungry players and lets get a proper project going. Actually think Carlo is a bit of a snake which is sad, I genuinely bought into the I want to be here for the new stadium line.

As we all know Eggs, next manager markets are notoriously dodgy. Providing we don't rush an appointment, every manager we speak to will go odds on and then drift to 33/1. I just hope we don't rush to appoint Nuno just because his agent is pretending loads of clubs want him. He just tried and failed to get Wolves playing better football and they sacked him.

As we all know Eggs, next manager markets are notoriously dodgy. Providing we don't rush an appointment, every manager we speak to will go odds on and then drift to 33/1. I just hope we don't rush to appoint Nuno just because his agent is pretending loads of clubs want him. He just tried and failed to get Wolves playing better football and they sacked him.

....yep, not particularly keen on Nuno myself.

Anyone dredged a West Ham forum to see if they think we'll go to Moyes, that could be a good laugh seeing as they think they're a bigger club lol

Martinez had us playing the best football I've ever seen at this club
I think that 13-14 season was the last time I enjoyed watching Everton for any extended period.

Despite the abysmal seasons that followed, I, along with others, predicted he may do well managing at a national level, and indeed he has with Belgium (though credit has to go to the quality of players on that team as well). We were quite stingy when Roberto was manager, and a part of me wonders how he would do with more funds to get the players that fit his style.

I think that 13-14 season was the last time I enjoyed watching Everton for any extended period.

Despite the abysmal seasons that followed, I, along with others, predicted he may do well managing at a national level, and indeed he has with Belgium (though credit has to go to the quality of players on that team as well). We were quite stingy when Roberto was manager, and a part of me wonders how he would do with more funds to get the players that fit his style.
He'd need no say in transfers and a defensive coach bringing in.

Mate they aint the future of this club. They will be weeded out. The danger not just with potter but anyone is they are not given time to replace them.
This is my main gripe tbh. As much as I liked Ancelotti and am gutted he’s left, I’m more concerned at the instability this has caused when at the min, that’s the very last thing we needed.

Whoever the next fella is, needs to be given time to see things through. Barring any threat of relegation or anything. I’m not even arsed about style of play or likeable characters at this point. We just need to sort out this horrendous mishmash of players who don’t fit any particular system ASAP. And it’s never going to happen if we keep having to appoint a new gaffer every 18 months.

But the guy was delusional. His interviews after defeats were embarrassing. Why would that change With a bit of money.

Potter plays good football, but without impact.

He's bought the Tiki Taka handbook. But doesn't REALLY understand how to penetrate with possession.

We already have that problem
Not sure that’s true, not his fault if he hasn’t got quality strikers. I seen a number of games, where they out played a number of top teams.
Utd & Leicester at home. Dominated both games,
But missed so many chances. And lost both

I do think there is an element of snobbery amongst our fans when it comes to young British coaches. Potter has done well, who is too say with more money he would do better. we've just had a serial winner in charge and he pretty much was as meh as it can get but he had pulling power. A younger coach might go for younger hungrier players.

In short, I have no idea where we go from here, kicked right in the nads.

Status
Not open for further replies.