2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be a Swansea fan then lol
He was an Icelandic guy i think, one of the more long term forum members can probably tell you more tbh, i have only seen a few of his posts, I think he is on twitter. tbf he argued his points and backed them up it was just the fact that is 24/7 relentless and then i think he went full scale and tried to claim Gylfi was better than Messi.

He was an Icelandic guy i think, one of the more long term forum members can probably tell you more tbh, i have only seen a few of his posts, I think he is on twitter. tbf he argued his points and backed them up it was just the fact that is 24/7 relentless and then i think he went full scale and tried to claim Gylfi was better than Messi.
I'm gonna have a look on twitter lol edit no i'm not there's loads

He told me pound for pound Gylfi was a better signing for us than Kroos was for Real. They signed him for €40m.

You did see his conviction wasn’t at his usual 100% in that exchange however because there is no way he could actually believe that.

He loved to cherry pick stats. He'd come in with something like "Gylfi has the most assists in the second half of matches played later than 3pm on Sundays" and act like it mattered.

I mean feel free to submit alternative options based on your eyes.

It's really not even saying Iwobi is good as much as everyone else is pretty crap.
Iwobi craps his pants whenever he has chance to advance past the halfway line. 9/10 times his first instinct is to play backwards or sideways.

On paper, he seems to have the tools to be a progressive player, but in his 2 years here, he’s shown that’s not the case.

Back on topic, James Rodriguez is better than both him and gylfi by some distance. Gylfi is also arguably better than iwobi.

Iwobi craps his pants whenever he has chance to advance past the halfway line. 9/10 times his first instinct is to play backwards or sideways.

On paper, he seems to have the tools to be a progressive player, but in his 2 years here, he’s shown that’s not the case.

Back on topic, James Rodriguez is better than both him and gylfi by some distance. Gylfi is also arguably better than iwobi.
James is the only good passing player in our squad on this season's evidence

I understand that my views were not well received. That's okay, and I've said before that I think JR has some skills that are among the best in the world. However, a football match contains many factors, and in modern football you must have players who can run a lot and not least perform many high-intensity sprints. You have to be in very good physical shape. Something that JR is not.

We may disagree about how well it is documented that JR has bad attitudes, but usually when the same statement comes from several different people, there tends to be some truth in it. In addition, JR is remarkably often injured.

I also questioned whether JR made us a better football team in the long run, not in a single match, nor did I claim that JR has performed poorly, as this does not have to be the same thing. I referred to a point average, with and without JR, which is not very valid, but it shows at least that we have a point average above the normal average without JR. What it would have been like if everything had been kept the same, we do not know. But I register that we beat WH without JR.

I understand that my views were not well received. That's okay, and I've said before that I think JR has some skills that are among the best in the world. However, a football match contains many factors, and in modern football you must have players who can run a lot and not least perform many high-intensity sprints. You have to be in very good physical shape. Something that JR is not.

We may disagree about how well it is documented that JR has bad attitudes, but usually when the same statement comes from several different people, there tends to be some truth in it. In addition, JR is remarkably often injured.

I also questioned whether JR made us a better football team in the long run, not in a single match, nor did I claim that JR has performed poorly, as this does not have to be the same thing. I referred to a point average, with and without JR, which is not very valid, but it shows at least that we have a point average above the normal average without JR. What it would have been like if everything had been kept the same, we do not know. But I register that we beat WH without JR.
Not everyone in the side needs legs. James brings so much else that him not having pace is easily forgivable. We just need to make a better fist of finding it elsewhere in the team.

Just far too much James slander recently when he is literally one of the best players we’ve ever had

AND HES NOT EVEN BEEN HERE 12 MONTHS
Critical questions are perfectly fine on a football forum, and I have kept myself fairly to the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.