2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I mean in games we've lost tbf he hasn't set up based on our limitations and that's been the issue.

Davies should have been playing every game while Doucoure was out.

Oh no. I'm not saying he hasn't been playing well. He has compared to who we have.

But overall...we should be looking for 1 dynamic midfielder

Oh no. I'm not saying he hasn't been playing well. He has compared to who we have.

But overall...we should be looking for 1 dynamic midfielder

Oh crossed wires mate, I know you weren't on about James. I was on about or tactics without him really (and sometimes with him).

I know Carlo knows it, knows we need to be better. Just think sometimes our reliance on James has made the process even harder.

Does he? I don't think he does...

He's got a calf injury, which is very persistent. We knew this. We knew we'd be doing very well if we got 30 games out of him this season. He played 6 matches was it, in all comps last year, due to a combination of injury, COVID, Zidane etc.

He's a brilliant player. But he has a niggling issue which isn't going to get better. He has to be the cherry on top for us though. At the moment, he's the cake, and that's the issue.

The critics are comparing James' contribution to their utopian fantasy team that never happened. It's easy to dream of Everton buying young talented promising superstars and then compare James to that. What honest people should be doing is comparing James with the players that have actually played for Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.