2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Davies is not for sale. Carlo made that abundantly clear last summer when clubs asked about signing him.
The season that he is currently enjoying will any chance of a sale even less likely if that were possible.

It was a hyperthetical question as to what level he would be sought and showed our quality or lack of in that area.
I didnt think that needed explaining.

Was my point really. Would anyone say sitting currently above us be in for tom davies.
He's ok ish. If you wana stick around mid table. Least he's better now than he was previous 18 months .
That cantwell at norwich btw is an interesting player. I think a few might nibble at him.

West Ham wouldn't shock me...

Davies is a perfectly acceptable top flight squad player. No more, no less. Every club needs them.

If he was to leave in the next window it would neither upset nor please me.

Must admit I don't really see it with Cantwell at all. He's OK.

West Ham wouldn't shock me...

Davies is a perfectly acceptable top flight squad player. No more, no less. Every club needs them.

If he was to leave in the next window it would neither upset nor please me.

Must admit I don't really see it with Cantwell at all. He's OK.

Thats pretty much it to the question thrown out. Like for like or just below is the realistic truth. Going forward we need to have starters who would also be sought after by those above us.

Attachments

• DoQ3VE3XsAA1VlY.jpg
    DoQ3VE3XsAA1VlY.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 67
Any examples? I can’t think of one champion side that he’d get anywhere near. Ray Parlour is the type you are referring to, a decent player surrounded by world class, but he was a wide player. Central midfield is too influential to carry a lesser player. A side featuring a lightweight in the form of a Tom Davies in the heart of midfield is not winning any pots. The RS team that won the CL in ‘05 had a central midfield trio of Hamann, Alonso and Gerrard, the latter two world class and the former a top defensive mid. A weaker wide player (or full back like a Djimi Traore) it is possible to be successful. Any major weaknesses in the spine of the team and the whole thing unravels when up against quality.
It's always about the rs with you. You always try to shoehorn them into the conversation, at every available opportunity. You're always belittling this club and it's players. Seriously why go to the trouble of writing all that? What are you getting out of this? You're about as much a blue as that piss soaked ferret aldo is. After 13 years, you'd think you would be getting sick of this pathetic charade?lol

Last edited:
22 he is young, for the defensive midfielder he is very young...

Davies is better deployed when covering Allan, he is lesser of player when covering Dacoure.

Hope Davies stays, will cost us tens of millions to replace Allan and by the time Allan comes to the end of his contract very likely on the wain with age, our Tom should be hitting the peak for the Defensive midfielder.

22 he is young, for the defensive midfielder he is very young...

Davies is better deployed when covering Allan, he is lesser of player when covering Dacoure.

Hope Davies stays, will cost us tens of millions to replace Allan and by the time Allan comes to the end of his contract very likely on the wain with age, our Tom should be hitting the peak for the Defensive midfielder.
This he’s young talk, makes me laugh The lads been around the team 5 years and has nearly 150 games.

I can 100% guarantee , if we had paid 20mil for him, he wouldn’t have been given 5 yrs and ex amount of games, by the majority of his supporters on here.

Again, your point that he can play with Allan and not Doucoure. Is not really a glowing reference for the lad. Let’s hope Allan doesn’t get injured next season then.

And he will never be a top class defensive midfielder, because he’s slow, weak, and when pressed he panics and loses the ball in dangerous areas. He hasn’t got the skills for me.

V Spurs they gave him more freedom, by having 3 CB’s and 2 sitting midfielders. So he could stroll forward 10/15 yards. Take 3/4 touches and pick out his passes. Brighton pressed him and he was poor. Go and watch bissouma to see a top class defensive midfielder in the making.

The fact you call him OUR Tom says it all. I do get the feeling some fans wouid be happy finishing 7th every season as long as Tom Davies plays another 150 games for us over the next 4 yrs.

Kevin Richardson, with us, Arsenal and very nearly with Villa. And what was so special about him? Dunno but he was liked by a lot of managers. So is our Tom.
Another OUR Tom merchant. Next you will be saying he’s as good as Reid & Bracewell or Joe Parkinson.

The equivalent of what Richardson did, is like Tom going to Man Utd and then to Arsenal.

This he’s young talk, makes me laugh The lads been around the team 5 years and has nearly 150 games.

I can 100% guarantee , if we had paid 20mil for him, he wouldn’t have been given 5 yrs and ex amount of games, by the majority of his supporters on here.

Again, your point that he can play with Allan and not Doucoure. Is not really a glowing reference for the lad. Let’s hope Allan doesn’t get injured next season then.

And he will never be a top class defensive midfielder, because he’s slow, weak, and when pressed he panics and loses the ball in dangerous areas. He hasn’t got the skills for me.

V Spurs they gave him more freedom, by having 3 CB’s and 2 sitting midfielders. So he could stroll forward 10/15 yards. Take 3/4 touches and pick out his passes. Brighton pressed him and he was poor. Go and watch bissouma to see a top class defensive midfielder in the making.

The fact you call him OUR Tom says it all. I do get the feeling some fans wouid be happy finishing 7th every season as long as Tom Davies plays another 150 games for us over the next 4 yrs.

I mean he is still young though, like that’s just factual.

Another OUR Tom merchant. Next you will be saying he’s as good as Reid & Bracewell or Joe Parkinson.

The equivalent of what Richardson did, is like Tom going to Man Utd and then to Arsenal.
And I guess you are another put the boot in poster, who goes on about our Tom (sniff it) having no attributes as a footballer. If Richardson was in the squad today Im sure you would be just as negative about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.