2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
If davies was available for transfer tomorrow who would come in for him.
Its a genuine question as to what club would rate him to play for them and what level he would be seen as.
I sort of know my own answer.

Its a genuine question as to what club would rate him to play for them and what level he would be seen as.
I think somebody like Newcastle would be interested and possibly Norwich now they have been promoted.

For me, he's moved ahead of Delph and Gomes in the pecking order. Should he be in the first team? No probably not when everyone is fit or firing on all cylinders. But unlike the likes of Delph and Gomes, he's nearly 99% available and has offered a lot more than the other 2 who have basically stole a living the last 2 seasons offering us absolutely nothing.

I think somebody like Newcastle would be interested and possibly Norwich now they have been promoted.

Bruce has been linked IIRC. Whether he'll be around in the summer is another question.

Parting with Tom has a good chance of greasing the skids on an Aarons deal. I don't know that Carlo would do that deal right now (Tom + cash for Aarons), in truth. In a year or two, he might. I doubt he's playing Tom out of choice, but he could do a lot worse than playing Tom right now and it would unsettle DCL.

For me, he's moved ahead of Delph and Gomes in the pecking order. Should he be in the first team? No probably not when everyone is fit or firing on all cylinders. But unlike the likes of Delph and Gomes, he's nearly 99% available and has offered a lot more than the other 2 who have basically stole a living the last 2 seasons offering us absolutely nothing.
I’m ahead of Delph and so are you

Much much bigger problems than an ever improving young TD, He will be here next season I'd get used to it. More than capable squad player and HG.
Agree he'll be here next season, however as someone said earlier if everybody is fit he doesn't start, and i would argue that if we're trying to break the top four and push on we need a better alternative either to change games or replacement because of injuries than Tom. Nothing against the lad (apart from his dress sense but he is young and can't help it) but i don't think he is the quality of player to make this squad a regular top four chasing team and we need to be looking for upgrades on a number of players

Was my point really. Would anyone say sitting currently above us be in for tom davies.
He's ok ish. If you wana stick around mid table. Least he's better now than he was previous 18 months .
That cantwell at norwich btw is an interesting player. I think a few might nibble at him.

Agree he'll be here next season, however as someone said earlier if everybody is fit he doesn't start, and i would argue that if we're trying to break the top four and push on we need a better alternative either to change games or replacement because of injuries than Tom. Nothing against the lad (apart from his dress sense but he is young and can't help it) but i don't think he is the quality of player to make this squad a regular top four chasing team and we need to be looking for upgrades on a number of players
I don't disagree that he should be a squad player. just making a point that there are bigger problems that need sorting before worrying about one of our young homegrown lads.

I don't disagree that he should be a squad player. just making a point that there are bigger problems that need sorting before worrying about one of our young homegrown lads.
100%. Tom has really improved under Carlo, He seems much more assured. Yeah he can make a mistake or ten but he tries to get us ticking. I think personally he needs runners to thread balls to, not passing directly to a man.. Something this Everton side don't do enough of at present. Watch a descent side and its like the passes are generally pre emptive, always looking for movement. We need to join the 21st century and try to get our players thinking more of movement rather than passes being received with little penetration.

It's highly unlikely with the crocks we have that everyone would be fit at the same time.

Tom Davies is not for sale. Carlo made that abundantly clear last summer when clubs asked about signing him.
The season that he is currently enjoying will any chance of a sale even less likely if that were possible.

Tom Davies is not for sale. Carlo made that abundantly clear last summer when clubs asked about signing him.
The season that he is currently enjoying will any chance of a sale even less likely if that were possible.
I mean, everyone is for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.