2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a good squad player, He's not good enough yet to be playing every week. Certainly made some decent strides to being a bit better I think he's found his position as some sort of player who breaks up the play and quickly releasing the ball, His long passes are decent his short ones are garbage.
If we get rid of all our players not deemed good enough we'd have about 10 players in the squad.

And I guess you are another put the boot in poster, who goes on about our Tom (sniff it) having no attributes as a footballer. If Richardson was in the squad today Im sure you would be just as negative about him.
Put the boot in = I want a successful team/club. We have a billionaire owner a world class manager. A 500mil stadium around the corner, do you think Moshiri is happy With finishing 8th

Richardson was a good player and that’s why he played for 3 big clubs. Tom won’t be joining a top 4 club when he goes from Everton. He will go down to a West Brom or a Fulham.

We were hoping for a spine this season of Allan, Doucoure and James infront of them. Unfortunately Allan & Doucoure haven’t played a game together since November, and James has also missed a lot of games this season. I’m not sure the last time all 3 of them played a game. So we’ve had to really on the spine of Davies, Gomes and siggurdsson. That’s has failed us the previous 3 seasons.

We’ve gone from being right in the mix for a champions league place, to hanging by our fingertips for. Europa league spot. Ok I’m not solely blaming Davies. Richarlison hasn’t had a great season. DCL had dropped off. And the defenders have made a few big mistakes that have cost us.

We need another top class midfielder, it’s the heartbeat of your team. And if that means Gomes and Davies are sold, so be it. I won’t be losing any sleep.

Put the boot in = I want a successful team/club. We have a billionaire owner a world class manager. A 500mil stadium around the corner, do you think Moshiri is happy With finishing 8th

Richardson was a good player and that’s why he played for 3 big clubs. Tom won’t be joining a top 4 club when he goes from Everton. He will go down to a West Brom or a Fulham.

We were hoping for a spine this season of Allan, Doucoure and James infront of them. I’m not sure the last time all 3 of them played a game. So we’ve had to really on the spine of Davies, Gomes and siggurdsson. That’s has failed us the previous 3 seasons.

We’ve gone from being right in the mix for a champions league place, to hanging by our fingertips for. Europa league spot. Ok I’m not solely blaming Davies. Richarlison hasn’t had a great season. DCL had dropped off. And the defenders have made a few big mistakes that have cost us.

We need another top class midfielder, it’s the heartbeat of your team. And if that means Gomes and Davies are sold, so be it. I won’t be losing any sleep.

We’ve challenged for top 4 for most of the season (falling away a bit not now) despite these three players just not being ok the pitch together often enough. We’ll be well placed to challenge again in the future if we can keep these fit and add some decent backup rather than the terrible options we have now. We’re not that far away despite the protestations.

Not even close to being correct.

He won't move in the first place, but if he was available there are a lot of Premiership teams that would like to sign him.
The only other Prem team that has ever tried to move for him is Newcastle and they are a joke of a club, @Saint Domingo is correct he certainly would'nt get any of the top half teams coming in for him.

If only our better midfield players had the fitness and availability of young Tom - he's been ever present this season!

Not even close to being correct.

He won't move in the first place, but if he was available there are a lot of Premiership teams that would like to sign him.

Which ones that we are trying to compete with would have him in their first team?

Will be interesting if he plays tonight to see how he fares against Partey Xhaka Odegaard. Then we can all scratch our heads and wonder why we didn’t get much of the ball and we got hemmed in.

The only other Prem team that has ever tried to move for him is Newcastle and they are a joke of a club, @Saint Domingo is correct he certainly would'nt get any of the top half teams coming in for him.

He wouldn't have to get in their teams, he would have to get in their squads.

At this point in time Tom Davies is what he is, probably not good enough overall to be a week in week out starter for a team with real ambitions but he is a more than adequate top flight squad player. Not everyone can be a superstar.

Anyway, what was so special about Richardson?
He was one of those players that made an impact on a game without being the superstar something that Tom can only dream of being able to do. To actually question an ex player that was involved in one of our most successful times as far as trophy's and team quality shows a bit of ignorance of that teams qualities to be honest, I'm guessing you weren't around watching us at that time otherwise you wouldn't be asking such a question to try and support your opinion of Tom.

He wouldn't have to get in their teams, he would have to get in their squads.

At this point in time Tom Davies is what he is, probably not good enough overall to be a week in week out starter for a team with real ambitions but he is a more than adequate top flight squad player. Not everyone can be a superstar.
He maybe ok as a squad player and that is fine tbh, but as someone who is playing in a key position (midfield) he is fairly limited as a player. It's just that some on here seem to think a few good games and he is a key component to team going forward, our midfield is average enough as it is without him in it imo. Squad player - fine, first team player - not for me.

Tom Davies is a player that probably needs to move to another club to be appreciated for the player he is.

Then there would be comments on here wondering why he never played like that for us, even though he did all the time.

One of the problems a home grown player faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.