2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Davies is a player that probably needs to move to another club to be appreciated for the player he is.

Then there would be comments on here wondering why he never played like that for us, even though he did all the time.

One of the problems a home grown player faces.
I know what you're saying but I just can't agree. He's a very average player in my eyes, I just don't see anything that elevates him beyond that. He's not completely useless by any means, but he's consistently one of the weakest (in both sense of the word) players in a not particularly good team. He can 'do a job' when called upon, but that's about it. I'm with those who've said he'd be likely to move downwards if we sold him. There's no disgrace in that, but I don't see any point in pretending he's something he's not.

I know what you're saying but I just can't agree. He's a very average player in my eyes, I just don't see anything that elevates him beyond that. He's not completely useless by any means, but he's consistently one of the weakest (in both sense of the word) players in a not particularly good team. He can 'do a job' when called upon, but that's about it. I'm with those who've said he'd be likely to move downwards if we sold him. There's no disgrace in that, but I don't see any point in pretending he's something he's not.
When watching him play, I think he contributes a lot to the team that goes unnoticed.
He covers all across midfield in front of the back four and I think he also tries to be creative and to drive the team forward from midfield. I think even though he is young that he is a leader in the team and takes on responsibility when others shirk it. He doesn't hide but sometimes that can make you look bad.

He makes mistakes and can sometimes be caught out but at 22 he is still learning.

This he’s young talk, makes me laugh The lads been around the team 5 years and has nearly 150 games.

I can 100% guarantee , if we had paid 20mil for him, he wouldn’t have been given 5 yrs and ex amount of games, by the majority of his supporters on here.

Again, your point that he can play with Allan and not Doucoure. Is not really a glowing reference for the lad. Let’s hope Allan doesn’t get injured next season then.

And he will never be a top class defensive midfielder, because he’s slow, weak, and when pressed he panics and loses the ball in dangerous areas. He hasn’t got the skills for me.

V Spurs they gave him more freedom, by having 3 CB’s and 2 sitting midfielders. So he could stroll forward 10/15 yards. Take 3/4 touches and pick out his passes. Brighton pressed him and he was poor. Go and watch bissouma to see a top class defensive midfielder in the making.

The fact you call him OUR Tom says it all. I do get the feeling some fans wouid be happy finishing 7th every season as long as Tom Davies plays another 150 games for us over the next 4 yrs.
Forgot to mention the fashion, the lad is guru, before his time. Top lad!

Bold bit is the only relevance. Much the same critique of Allan in the past, so meh!

Last edited:

Bold bit is the only relevance. Much the same critique of Allan in the past, so meh!
Great lad
And I have no doubt if moyes & kenwright were still in charge. The lad would stay for his whole career abs play 500times. But wouldn’t win a tap. Or an England cap and we would be mid table forever.

luckily we have Moshiri & ancelotti. And they want success.

The only hope he has of staying around the middle of the premier league is bulking up in the gym. Because technically he’s championship standard. But putting some muscle on and being the fittest he could possibly be, may give him half the chance of not getting bullied every other week. And spending half the game on his backside

He maybe ok as a squad player and that is fine tbh, but as someone who is playing in a key position (midfield) he is fairly limited as a player. It's just that some on here seem to think a few good games and he is a key component to team going forward, our midfield is average enough as it is without him in it imo. Squad player - fine, first team player - not for me.

Yeah I think that's fair. We do seem to go one way or the other when we rate our players. Nobody can just be decent.

Tom Davies is a player that probably needs to move to another club to be appreciated for the player he is.

Then there would be comments on here wondering why he never played like that for us, even though he did all the time.

One of the problems a home grown player faces.
Homegrown young players get more goodwill than anyone. We just haven’t produced that many good ones.

Davies isn’t at the level we want to be at. Nobody genuinely sees him as a long term first choice player. Makes no odds where he is from.

I thought hebwas very unfortunate to lose his place in the team, particularly at the cost of losing it to Gomes
Interesting that all his fans on here say, Ancelotti rates him and always picks him. Yet seems to drop him as soon as Gomes Is fit. Amd even put delph on before him tonight.

I think ancelotti knows, after Allan & Doucoure our midfield is bang average. And another midfielder will definitely be brought in this summer

Forgot the fashion thing. May be relevant to onfield issues, as from what he wears, we can deduce that obviously his judgement is deeply flawed, and there's definitely something wrong with his vision, possibly including a degree of colour blindness. Maybe a stern talking to from someone experienced, coupled with a trip to Specsavers, would effect a significant improvement!

Status
Not open for further replies.