2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not good enough. Ineffective again, the miss control of the ball when it was played to him, generally poor distribution even with easy sideway passes. Championship player at best.

...’Championship player’ shouts are so lazy and inaccurate. It means nothing. It’s all about balance and blend, there might just be a very good team for whom he’d be a great fit because of the players they have.

I remember plenty saying similar about DCL. I’m not Davies’ biggest admirer but I’m sure there are plenty of top flight clubs who’d like to have him in their squad.

Well gets in every side from eighth down. To be honest I'm trusting Ancelotti over random posters on football forums

I mean given the fact that when they’re fit, Gomes, Sigurdsson, Doucoure and Allan get in ahead of him, he doesn’t really get into our team, and not really half the teams.

Ancelotti has to play him, and whilst I like him, he really shouldn’t be the option we have to use when we have a few injuries.

Prove me wrong like, but 150 games and he’s not proven it yet, no other player in the Premier League gets that amount of time to prove they’re up to the pace.

I mean given the fact that when they’re fit, Gomes, Sigurdsson, Doucoure and Allan get in ahead of him, he doesn’t really get into our team, and not really half the teams.

Ancelotti has to play him, and whilst I like him, he really shouldn’t be the option we have to use when we have a few injuries.

Prove me wrong like, but 150 games and he’s not proven it yet, no other player in the Premier League gets that amount of time to prove t
Sigurdsson plays in a totally different position as does Gomes so don't see your point.

Thought he did fine there.

Couldn't believe it when he did the full stretch all or nothing slide tackle while on a yellow. It looked great and was executed to perfection, but was taking playing on the edge to arguably unnecessary extremes.

1BD37DA0-F34C-4282-BA74-8D42832FB2D4.png

Police seek 2051 Tom Davies as person of interest in 6 January US Capitol riot

(this is actually a guy they’re looking for)

Last edited:
he does a lot of stuff that makes the team function that isn't easily noticed. He's busy when we don't have the ball, he makes himself available when we do, even if he then gets the ball in a tight situation. Look how/where he takes the ball from the defence compared to the other midfielders, he is more advanced, so if he has chance to turn, he is beyond the front press of the forwards and into the midfield and our attack can speed up. Our other midfielders pick it up much deeper and have to play through the front line of the press. He loses the ball sometimes, every one does. I wouldn't be surprised if Carlo sees TD as having an important role for quite some time until all the other areas of the pitch are significantly improved.
That is far too knowledgeable a post for some on here who like to peddle the idea that Tom is not good enough for Everton

Tom needs a stabilizing presence like Allan or even to a lesser extent Doucoure alongside him and he's decent. Alongside just gomes or Siggy and he becomes lost in the wilderness

Status
Not open for further replies.