Match Thread Everton vs Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect all we will get out of this season will be the hoping toward another big summer of recruitment.

PS: I too am doing some planting next Saturday and like you am hoping the fields are arable
I was aiming for "a result" but arable works with all the digging out and manure we've seen.

Come on boys one more round. Let's get a result against the best team in the country.

Just beat them you utter shitbags, close on Chelsea and go further ahead of Spurs, West Ham, Liverpool before they play.

Too much pressure was it on poor little Everton

Nothing new in pointing out the lack of pace in midfield and the side to side passing, one of the outcomes of that is by the time the ball is released to the flanks, the opposition have slid at least 2 players across to further blunt our attack. As has been said on here, we are relying on 2 players to create and score goals to win games which is not sustainable.

We can all point to the reasons mainly due to very poor recruitment in the past. Even for a manager as good as Carlo, a further 2 windows appear to be the minimum required to overcome the years of mismanagement.

Posted this in an attempt to make me feel better but still feel like a bear with a sore head.

The desire isn't there against teams like Burnley, Fulham etc. but they'll be up for next week against City. That mentality is what's letting us down at home, they think they can turn up and the likes of Fulham and Burnley will roll over. Saying that, if DCL's control had been better today he'd have scored a hat trick.
What on earth could have led them to think that?

In fact, after the experiences they've had with these type of teams, they'd have to be really, really stupid to think that

Status
Not open for further replies.