Match Thread Everton vs Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eventually we will have a fancy new home, but no team worthy to play in it. Although, to be fair this current lot don’t deserve to play at Goodson.

If we want to play Champions League we need Champikns league level players. Only players we have of that ilk at the moment are Pickford, Digne, Keane, Godfrey, Mina, Doucoure, Richarlison and James.

Not surprised with the performance or result. All season we've had winning and then losing streaks no matter the quality of opposition.

Tonight was just pathetic. Lacklustre individual performances.

The first goal we conceded was because of over playing at the back. Us and other sides do it all the time, I put it down to a lack of quality, belief and being afraid to lose possession.

Every attack is the same, down the left side and slowed down once on the edge of the box until finally a ball is played in when almost every player on the field is in the area.

I'm going to give King MotM because he was the only player I didn't find offensively bad.

It’s abundantly clear we need a lot of changes in this squad. Many players just not good enough.

TBF I don't think we do - in the first XI terms we need someone on the right who can work with Richy and DCL to create movement and pose more threat on the counter, and a RB.

Beyond that its about making sure that the rest of the squad is motivated when they get their chance. We'll get that when we shift some of the dross.

Some good points, as always, eggs, but can’t agree with your decision for MOM - Kean not only equal to Godders in defending terms but also in distribution.

If it had been VVD we’d never have heard the end of it.

...well, we all see it different. I actually thought Vydra gave Keane a torrid time, he couldn’t handle him at all.

Regardless, I understand why some folk are so spiteful in their posts. Fans are passionate and want the best but we have to be proportionate. We’ve taken 4 points off the Reds, 4 off Leicester, 3 off Chelsea and Spurs. There is progress.

The issue now is that we have deservedly been beaten at home by the likes of Fulham, Newcastle and Burnley. All were well organised defensively and we struggled to create. That’s the issue that needs addressing to get to the next level. A full house will help but full houses might not help when we’re away.

We are going in the right direction but we’re just missing that ingredient to overcome teams and I think it’s real quality in midfield areas. James can provide, but imagine somebody with that ability who was mobile. Gomes is a quarterback but imagine having somebody with real quality on the ball with pace and power.

The challenge for Ancelotti/Brands is getting us to the next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.