Match Thread Everton vs Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think Gomes was our worst performer out there, you need to stop watching football. I can name 5 worse straight away who rarely get criticised.

Holgate is God awful at Right back..Richy isn't doing near enough tonight or this season...DCL has enough opportunities tonight to atleast get us a result....why did no player speak up and take corners instead of Digne.....iwobi and King are championship players.

We're just not a very good team. Capable of a few good results but also very average results, as has been seen throughout the season. Will probably finish mid table and that'll be what we deserve. Creativity non existent. Need more reliable creators next season.

I am sorry, but for those having a go....you do realise that we really do have a pretty poor team, with a team lacking pace, creativity, who cant cross the ball effectively and cant tackle. So we have actually over achieved this season.
I think your right
We have lacked pace for years. Been banging on about this season after season but nothing ever changes.

Everybody in English football knows the score with Burnley. They will try and out work and out muscle you but they can be played around with quick direct passing. We've just played in front of them, let them get back and played to their strengths.

Every time you expect the side to kick on and get ourselves firmly in the mix we go and get beaten by a ''lesser'' side.

We were very much second best all over the park tonight with the exception of Michael Keane, I can't believe I'm saying this, but he was majestic tonight, he looked a very good football player, confident on the ball good defensively and looked very good going forward.
The best player on the field by a long way.

It’s all the things we know

Gomes is too slow
Davies is too weak
Iwobi is dreadful
Holgate isn’t a full back
Richarlison is having a poor season

Etc etc. Rinse and repeat next week.

And Ancelotti seems to think he can chuck some of this rabble on a pitch in certain games without any plan, system or shape, mate.

There's plenty of evidence for that.

We're missing James on the edge of the box.

....it’s not that we have lost at home to Newcastle, Fulham and Burnley, the major issue is that we haven’t deserved to get anything from those games. That’s the problem that needs addressing. We never looked like creating despite possession, so I think it’s lots to do with breaking teams down at home.

Godfrey is at least 7/10 every week, but he was better than that today. Clearly MoM.
Some good points, as always, eggs, but can’t agree with your decision for MOM - Kean not only equal to Godders in defending terms but also in distribution.

If it had been VVD we’d never have heard the end of it.

I know they are from the main problem here but Richarlison and DCL really seem to lack chemistry as a front two. Probably highlighted more when James isn’t there to create.

Status
Not open for further replies.