Match Thread Everton vs Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eventually we will have a fancy new home, but no team worthy to play in it. Although, to be fair this current lot don’t deserve to play at Goodson.

Disappointed with the result but can't say I'm surprised. Our league position flatters us to be honest but this isn't the end of the world.

I went for DCL as MoM for his goal and what might have been but for a couple of poor touches. Not going to lose any sleep over this game :coffee:
Are you one of the players?

That Iwobi comment about playing in his best position is key to a lot of this.

Some players would prefer to make excuses than look at themselves as proper pros and take some responsibility for these performances.

You look at this squad, where is the character? Bunch of mercenaries for the most part.

Whole squad needs looking at, stop overlooking pace, stop overlooking the lack of character in some of these.

The desire isn't there against teams like Burnley, Fulham etc. but they'll be up for next week against City. That mentality is what's letting us down at home, they think they can turn up and the likes of Fulham and Burnley will roll over. Saying that, if DCL's control had been better today he'd have scored a hat trick.

What a massive (but not wholly unexpected) disappointment.

I'm not really up for digging out individual players. And I'm very happy to have carlo as our manager.

But, something has to change. Is it character? We've shown character this season in spades at different points.

Quality? Player for player we are better than a lot of the teams we have recently lost to.

I don't have any answers. Just really hoping for arable next Saturday. Otherwise we're back to hoping for another big summer of recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.