Match Thread Everton vs Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed it today. Seeing my kids and putting them to bed etc. Was going to take a chance and avoid the score and watch Motd. Thank god I looked on here. The fume at midnight would have been appalling.

I think the season is pretty much stuttering to an end. We flatter to deceive on occasion but generally we are so limited in our attacking options. The lack of players with pace and also quick thinking passing ability means teams can get a goal and then just bully us in to mistakes. New midfield please.

Got to question a number of this lots desire as pros to "kick on",we have been presented with four or five excellent opportunities to break into the top echelons of this league and we haven't grasped the nettle once,so,so frustrating,city in the cup next week and I am sensing a promising season is now slipping away from us.

Where does the mentality come from at the club? We have had numerous managers now at the club and it’s the same old story. Are we relying too much on former playing staff and it’s ingrained into the whole clubs structure.
Players. Although what we saw tonight wasn't mentality as such more lack of quality.

I'm so glad I only watched the last 30 minutes of this game. Everton is such a frustrating team to root for. That other team was not great at all, but yet the Toffees find a way to lose. There is no excuse for the number of games James, my countryman, is out of unless it was a big injury. If it is, please let the fans know. Also, he has to stop streaming himself playing video games while his team is imploding. Holgate, please, he is not a right-back. There must be someone else besides King to come in as a sub. The lack of urgency is astonishing. Also, I noticed that teams know all they have to do is pressure Everton and they are either going to go back or lose the ball easily. This team is so predictable that even teams like Burnley can beat them.
Spot on

Once again at home we can’t break down a team who sets up a solid unit against us.

No pace, no creativity, no one grabbing the game by the scruff of its neck and dictating play.

No leader.
No leadership on the pitch.

Not enough quality to break teams down.

Another transfer window and we might start to move in the right direction. Until then we’re stuck with a limited squad which on its day can beat anyone, but can also resort to type oh so easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.