Match Thread Everton vs Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a massive (but not wholly unexpected) disappointment.
I don't have any answers. Just really hoping for arable next Saturday. Otherwise we're back to hoping for another big summer of recruitment.
I suspect all we will get out of this season will be the hoping toward another big summer of recruitment.

PS: I too am doing some planting next Saturday and like you am hoping the fields are arable

Maybe I am overreacting but kiss Europe goodbye. Carlo has overachieved with this lot and we need a couple more transfer windows but I'm afraid I'll be typing the same thing in 2 seasons.
I'm trying to remain positive but tend to agree... 6th - 8th place finish i think but starting to think more chance of 8th than 6th if we dont pick up asap

I am looking for someone to blame for being an Everton supporter at the moment...that was dire. There were some almost moments, but were let down. I am and have been a huge DCL believer, but he let himself down too many times today. I dont blame it on him though. It was a team effort.

There's no shock in this defeat. It was ALWAYS going to happen. Our home form is bad this season. It is what is it is. I think we could have won for sure; but we played again like we do not good enough.

That is an unforgivable statistic folks and a hugely bad indictment on the management and coaching at goodison. A massive failure by any standards. We simply haven't got enough ideas or quality going forward. Teams find it too easy to defend against us. We were a goal behind again for the second half tonight and we still couldn't put BURNLEY under any sustained pressure. A joke, an absolute joke!

we aren't going anywhere fast if Iwobi ca play that bad and still get 90 minutes. Not enough quality in the depths of the squad. Holgate and Iwobi offered no threat on the RHS, I don't think either of them got a decent cross to our forwards all game.

...well, we all see it different. I actually thought Vydra gave Keane a torrid time, he couldn’t handle him at all.

Regardless, I understand why some folk are so spiteful in their posts. Fans are passionate and want the best but we have to be proportionate. We’ve taken 4 points off the Reds, 4 off Leicester, 3 off Chelsea and Spurs. There is progress.

The issue now is that we have deservedly been beaten at home by the likes of Fulham, Newcastle and Burnley. All were well organised defensively and we struggled to create. That’s the issue that needs addressing to get to the next level. A full house will help but full houses might not help when we’re away.

We are going in the right direction but we’re just missing that ingredient to overcome teams and I think it’s real quality in midfield areas. James can provide, but imagine somebody with that ability who was mobile. Gomes is a quarterback but imagine having somebody with real quality on the ball with pace and power.

The challenge for Ancelotti/Brands is getting us to the next level.
I agree at ‘A’

We seem to really struggle to break down the lower teams. The last few games when we have played well we've let teams have the majority of the play. We dont have a Plan B

Status
Not open for further replies.