Demba Ba

Status
Not open for further replies.
So can someone tell me where this 70k figure is coming from? Or are we just going to use that figure because he didn't come to us?

Amazing how fickle folk are...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13792378.stm

Newcastle United have completed the signing of Senegal striker Demba Ba from West Ham.

The 26-year-old, who scored seven goals in 13 outings for the Hammers in the second half of the 2010-11 campaign, has joined on a three-year deal.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew said: "Demba made a great impression at West Ham last season and is a great signing for the club.

"He has pace, excellent technical ability, is good in the air."

Pardew had made his intention to sign a striker clear this summer in his bid to fill the void left following Andy Carroll's £35m move to Liverpool in January.

The Magpies boss added: "And, it goes without saying, [Demba] has the ability to consistently find the back of the net.

"Moreover he has a great passion to play for Newcastle United."

Ba's move to Tyneside has taken place despite concerns over a knee injury that resulted in Stoke pulling out of a deal to sign him before West Ham drafted him in.

The former Hoffenheim forward's goals could not save the Hammers from relegation from the Premier League last season and he is understood to have moved on because of a release clause in the three-year contract he signed with the Upton Park outfit in January.

Ba's transfer to St James's Park comes a day after midfielder Kevin Nolan made the move in the opposite direction, from the Magpies to Upton Park.

The Senegal striker's arrival also provides Pardew with his second signing of the summer following the capture of France international midfielder Yohan Cabaye earlier this month.

"Everything has been sorted out and now I'm happy because I can start to focus on playing and scoring goals for Newcastle," Ba stated.

"This is a great club and a very good team so to sign here was an easy choice to make.

"I have spoken to [winger] Hatem [Ben Arfa] about the club and he told me how happy he is here and how big Newcastle are so I'm really happy and I can't wait to start playing.

"I know a lot of famous strikers have played here before and I will do my best to win games for the club."

Wow, 83 (Eighty-Three!) pages on whether we were or were not goin to sign an average striker who even Stoke decided to pass up on and was relegated with West Ham and obviously has those mercenary tendicies that most foreign strikers comin to this league seem to have. Bullet dodged me thinks, the barcodes are fkin welcome to him in my opinion.

Wow, 83 (Eighty-Three!) pages on whether we were or were not goin to sign an average striker who even Stoke decided to pass up on and was relegated with West Ham and obviously has those mercenary tendicies that most foreign strikers comin to this league seem to have. Bullet dodged me thinks, the barcodes are fkin welcome to him in my opinion.

This is a quite exceptional post.

Bullet dodged only to hit the leagues perennial victims - the mighty toon. Good to see they are resorting to gazumping teams with the cheque book and massive wages again. The same strategy saw them relegated.

Made up we didn't get this guy.

Yet again.

For the 542nd time, if given two job offers, would you not go for the one that pays over 40% more?

r hey unit does us a favour lad ,dont turn into that ******** phil nev super star ,allways had you down as a top lad ,do you want ye cock an hen back off shearer

I don't pull up people on spelling or grammar, mate, but there's no need to type every word with the caps lock on. The content of your posts deserves better than that.

And if I see anyone mention Shearer again I'm going to have a mental breakdown. lol

Yet again.

For the 542nd time, if given two job offers, would you not go for the one that pays over 40% more?
Agreed, im sure we all would, maybe mercenary was the wrong word to use, he just comes across to me as the type of player that when your in the trenches you wouldnt want him on your side. Like i said tho, just my opinion mate, im really glad we didnt sign him and happy its come to a conclusion finally. Now, this Craig Mackail-Smith fella..............

Status
Not open for further replies.