Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur.- FA Cup 5th Rd.- Wednesday - 8.15pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

Just can't stand him... but he's a kin brilliant player. To put that many corners in and not hit the first man even once is incredible.

Or maybe I'm just used to our pre-James corners always hitting the first man.

In any case, Son is good, very good. Can't stand him.
Fully agree, you can't help but hate him but you'd have him in our squad in the blink of an eye

The 100% neutral Glenn Hoddle, when we had a corner in 35th minute, “Everton will be happy to get back in the dressing room at HT 1-0 down here”

Lovely stuff
I actually thought Hoddle was pretty good on commentary tonight given he is obviously a Spurs fan. He actually said Everton will be hoping to get in at 1-0 or maybe 1-1 which was true at the time. He called out Dele for diving for his yellow, he said there was a push on Richarlison from Sanchez and he said there was no foul by Iwobi in the lead up to Richarlison's second goal. He praised our play as much as he did Spurs.

I actually thought Hoddle was pretty good on commentary tonight given he is obviously a Spurs fan. He actually said Everton will be hoping to get in at 1-0 or maybe 1-1 which was true at the time. He called out Dele for diving for his yellow, he said there was a push on Richarlison from Sanchez and he said there was no foul by Iwobi in the lead up to Richarlison's second goal. He praised our play as much as he did Spurs.
I’ve heard worse tbf, like Gibbon head Keown and McManaman to name but 2.

I’ve heard worse tbf, like Gibbon head Keown and McManaman to name but 2.
Keown is the worst by far. Annoyingly we've had a lot of games on BT Sport recently so have had to sit through his awful reading of the game too much. What I liked about Hoddle was that he would correct himself if he ever got it wrong tonight which is a fairly rare trait among the former pros. And as I say, he was actually pretty complimentary about us when we did things right.

Jenas on the other hand in the post match was hilariously biased and pretty much refused to give us any credit whatsoever.

Keown is the worst by far. Annoyingly we've had a lot of games on BT Sport recently so have had to sit through his awful reading of the game too much. What I liked about Hoddle was that he would correct himself if he ever got it wrong tonight which is a fairly rare trait among the former pros. And as I say, he was actually pretty complimentary about us when we did things right.

Jenas on the other hand in the post match was hilariously biased and pretty much refused to give us any credit whatsoever.
I agree, hoddle a Spurs legend is very measured in his analysis. Jenas whos got nothing in terms of rep compared to Hoddle, is biased without any filter.

I thought hoddle was pretty fair.

Agreed. His co commentator was worse - ‘the ref wasn’t buying that’ when richarlison was pushed was just one example. Not sure why but Spurs are media darlings

Amazing game with a result to match.
Very proud, but I couldn't go through that every week!

Once again though, defensively we are very vulnerable.
Shoite marking at corners.

Keane and Mina is not our most solid CB combination . Too static.

Status
Not open for further replies.