Match Thread Everton v Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really thought we were done with the games were we are so sloppy and uncomposed in attack that we'd just let teams off easy and not ever really threated. But apparently not. And add in having complete zeros trying to get the ball back in the middle and you end up making it so much easy for an inferior outfit than it should be.
They seem to hack away James and the rest of the team did nothing, no moaning no complaining. As for the players, they seem to go.. give it to James he do the work. Everything backwards or sideways

Leeds will run us off the park - it’s a really bad match up for us and as for the Utd game - they’ve got our measure even when we play our 4 centre half’s. Devastating loss this one to a really poor side

Amazing how a well coached team can outplay an expensive assembled squad with big CVs who all of a sudden aren't good enough to match Lionel Calum Wilson, Cristiano Almiron, Luka James Maddison and Zenedin Tielmans

Gotta love all the whoppers who come on to moan

Nah Chris, not today

I need a good moan after that ordeal. Proper crushed after watching that. Absolutely nothing positive at all and just the usual predictable rubbish. So many players who didn't fancy it out there and let themselves be ran ragged and bullied.

Hard to keep interested in the club when they let us down so often.

Steve Bruce will always absolutely own this football club. Doesn’t matter who our manger is, who’s on the pitch or what form we are in, the bloke lives in our head and will pull a tactical masterclass out of his massive backside.

We literally cannot laugh at Newcastle anymore.

...always had the feel of disappointment about it, just hoped we would be better than them.

I think Ancelotti has had his two worst games of the season against Newcastle. Trying to get the defensive/creative balance right he played Sigurdsson & Doucoure as conventional DMs and gave Rodriguez a free role. Problem was Rodriguez also played deep rather than orchestrating possession behind DCL in the top third.

it gave Newcastle momentum and confidence from early on. Ancelotti should’ve made the change early to play somebody in the no10 role. Ancelotti was striving to get the balance right but failed.

Too many incidents to demonstrate how we missed Godfrey’s pace and power today. i appreciate I’m like a broken record, but he’s got to play CB.

MoM so difficult, I‘ll have to give it a think, but back to the drawing board for the Manager.
Was he? Didn't notice anything of significance that was likely to have impacted on the game.

Imagine that was Liverpool and it was Thiago constantly getting the poo kicked out of him. Do you think their players would just stand and admire while the referee does nothing about it? Can't wait to see the likes of Coleman and Sigurdsson, the so-called captains, get out of this club.

Italian fraud has to be the worst shout on here for years, and that says something. Yes he got it wrong today but there are far worse problems at Everton than Carlo Ancelotti.
Being objective here I think he has a large % of the proiblems his way. He sets up the training of which I have no idea what they do, he sets up how we are meant to play of which, again I have no idea what we do, he picks the team and players. Once that whistle blows it's all out of his hands but the team playing is representative of how he wants them to.

lol lol...just woke up and seen score. Back on page 10 of this thread i wrote "should win...but I am always wary of a big fat 'Everton that' happening..."

...and guess what?...lol lol

Nah Chris, not today

I need a good moan after that ordeal. Proper crushed after watching that. Absolutely nothing positive at all and just the usual predictable rubbish. So many players who didn't fancy it out there and let themselves be ran ragged and bullied.

Hard to keep interested in the club when they let us down so often.
Try 40 years

And look at the bigger picture; people got massively carried away by our results. The expectations this year was Europa, which we’ll achieve.

Digne had plenty of space today, didn't do anything with it thou

I don’t think Digne had a good game admittedly but again if we had a real threat on the other side you’d hope it would be rare that both had an off day at the same time.

As it stands, we play all down the left side for our creativity really and so if Digne and/or Richy are not playing well, we don’t play well. As it happens Digne isn’t full up to it yet after his injury and I can’t even begin to speculate about what’s going on with Richy

Status
Not open for further replies.