2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are acknowledged greats among those who actually follow European football in any detail. Magnificent players, two of the greatest 150 that ever played.

But when Sky Sports and the tabloids only recognise Pele, Cruff, Maradona, George Best...and Gazza (!), or anyone connected to 1966, you'll be holding your breath before they eulogise legendary Ballon d'Or winners like Stoichkov, Baggio, Rossi, Rummenigge, Müller, or Nedved, let alone wonderful stars who never won it, like Laudrup. It's as if you had to have played in England or in 1966 to be recognised by those august organs of the media.

Everyone who knows and loves football remembers and loves Laudrup and Stoichkov.

nedved was amazing wasn’t he? Baggio I do remember but I was very young watching the limited amount of games that I could see him play . The first truely great player that I managed to watch their entire career was the real Rinaldo and him and zidane are the two I love to watch the most. Genuine world class , all time great players that I could watch all day everyday

nedved was amazing wasn’t he? Baggio I do remember but I was very young watching the limited amount of games that I could see him play . The first truely great player that I managed to watch their entire career was the real Rinaldo and him and zidane are the two I love to watch the most. Genuine world class , all time great players that I could watch all day everyday
Baggio was my favourite player around the time of the 1994 World Cup. Simply majestic and always had time in a league famous for not allowing forwards time. Will always be tarnished with that one penalty miss (weird how one moment defines you).

Reccoba was another around that time (possibly slightly later for Inter). And then there was Papin for Marseille and Dragon Stoikavic (I'm not spelling that right I'm sure) of Red Star Belgrade. Always recall those 2 of the stars of their time in the 1992 European Cup (which was the most disappointing non-Everton final I remember).

I put James at the same level as those guys. Greats in their time, forgotten (well, out of mind) by most non-linked footy fans in 25 years

Strange thing - I remember in the build up they used KLF 'Last Train to Transcentral' as their music overlaying the clip s of those two being simply amazing.

Last edited:
Baggio was my favourite player around the time of the 1994 World Cup. Simply majestic and always had time in a league famous for not allowing forwards time. Will always be tarnished with that one penalty miss (weird how one moment defines you).

Reccoba was another around that time (possibly slightly later for Inter). And then there was Papin for Marseille and Dragon Stoikavic (I'm not spelling that right I'm sure) of Red Star Belgrade. Always recall those 2 of the stars of their time in the 1992 European Cup (which was the most disappointing non-Everton final I remember).

I put James at the same level as those guys. Greats in their time, forgotten (well, out of mind) by most non-linked footy fans in 25 years

Strange thing - I remember in the build up they used KLF 'Last Train to Transcentral' as their music overlaying the clip s of those two being simply amazing.

weird as you say that my first and most prominent memory of baggio is him playing the 94 WC final with a hamstring injury and missing that pen .

The first time I went to the San Siro Ronaldo scored a hat trick, Baggio knocked in 2 and Zamorano also scored. I think Recoba played too.
My girlfriend forgot her glasses and couldn't see a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.