2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We definitely need James and Yerry to be healthy and strong for Everton’s run to the title. Here in Colombia I rely on both of them to get me out of every appointment, duty, obligation, shopping trip, and honey do, and they are excuse number one when I forget to do something. “Ah que pena. Estaba viendo James y Yerry. Vamos azules.!” Works like a charm because everybody else is doing the same thing. COYB

That doesn't fly here in U.S

Hey boss, can I come in late tomorrow. Blues play at 7 am

Who? And get out of my face before I write you up lol

We get the NFL playoffs and the College championship game but when you talk “football” in Colombia there’s no mistaking what the subject is. I thought the US fan base would catch fire after their national selection made a fine run at the Brazil World Cup but I’m still waiting.
Are the Premier League matches still featured only on paid subscription cable channels or can you receive them for free?

I've known people to call in sick to go watch the NCAA tournament. There are parts of North Carolina where you could pretty much knock over anything you wanted to on the first Thursday and Friday, because good luck getting the police to respond.

That's about as close as it gets; even Louisville during the Derby and Indy during the 500 still function. Maybe if you turned up late the next day as a Caps or Blues fan you'd have gotten a pass from another one.

I thought the US fan base would catch fire after their national selection made a fine run at the Brazil World Cup but I’m still waiting.
This loss dumped us out of the '18 WC, set the USA program back a generation and killed any momentum:

I invent a personal appointment every time the Blues play during the business day in the USA, which is fairly often - any midweek game really. Easy to do when everyone's working at home during the pandemic.

People like James Rodriguez don’t need pace

They see everything like the matrix
That footballing brain. Quick thinking and anticipation. Of course technical abilities to bring it altogether.

Would be interesting to see how many goals he’s been involved in without being scorer or assister. Our first goal against wolves doesn’t get scored without his pin point ball to Digne, but doesn’t get included in the usual stats.
Aye phase of play often gets overlooked as it requires a bit more time effort and can't be squeezed into match report... Many players get overlooked, there are fans and then there are nerds.

Last edited:
That footballing brain. Quick thinking and anticipation. Of course technical abilities to bring it altogether.

Aye phase of play often gets overlooked as it requires a bit more time effort and can't be squeezed into match report... Many players get overlooked, there are fans and then there are nerds.
Didn't everyone rip apart some guy who posted 'assist of the assist' stats for siggy.

This loss dumped us out of the '18 WC, set the USA program back a generation and killed any momentum:

I invent a personal appointment every time the Blues play during the business day in the USA, which is fairly often - any midweek game really. Easy to do when everyone's working at home during the pandemic.

they probably think hairy af when you’re constantly having personal days to get you back sack and crack waxed

Would be interesting to see how many goals he’s been involved in without being scorer or assister. Our first goal against wolves doesn’t get scored without his pin point ball to Digne, but doesn’t get included in the usual stats.
Assisting the assister, should be included in the stats. Means Pickford might be redeemed at least once or twice a season. :)

We definitely need James and Yerry to be healthy and strong for Everton’s run to the title. Here in Colombia I rely on both of them to get me out of every appointment, duty, obligation, shopping trip, and honey do, and they are excuse number one when I forget to do something. “Ah que pena. Estaba viendo James y Yerry. Vamos azules.!” Works like a charm because everybody else is doing the same thing. COYB
I know some people may think that you are joking when reading your post but in Colombia football really is an unofficial religion thus it can be use as an excuse for everything. Even during the peace deal with the FARC football was at the center of their reintegration to society. And while the National Team is Colombia's main passion, having players like James and Mina playing in Europe has created a new devotion of fans that are as passionate about watching Everton games as they are about watching the NT :)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.