2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capture.JPG

Morata for Athletico

James is the unknown X factor for me. The back 4 when we play Holgate and Godfrey won’t let many in. DCL and Richarlison can both score when given chances. We’ve kept up decent form despite Allan and James both missing or unfit for large periods. If James gets into the form he started the season in though, and stays in it, then all bets might be off as to what we can do because if we’re only ever conceding a maximum of one per game and he’s laying on 3 or 4 gilt edged chances every match, and gets back to scoring down his elf, then we could be boosting our form at just the right time.

He’s played a lot less games as well. Watching Thiago do absolutely nothing tonight brings into focus how good this guy is. One of the best playmakers in world football.

I think if we do go with the new setup were just missing one player in midfield on James' wavelength.

I wonder if this setup may bring the best out of James...

Pickford
Holgate Mina Keane Godfrey
James Doucoure Allan Digne
DCL Richarlison
Gives James Digne on the left and two targets up front...while still having the centre midfield protection.

I think if we do go with the new setup were just missing one player in midfield on James' wavelength.

Pickford
DCL Richarlison
Gives James Digne on the left and two targets up front...while still having the centre midfield protection.
We can’t go with the new set up. No team ever wins a top league with a setup like this. High line or bust I always say.

On a more serious note...who would be good to add to the midfield? Anyone realistic who stands out?

Enjoyed this from the athletic:

‘Using Statsbomb data (via FBref), Rodriguez makes one goal-creating action — which includes the two offensive actions made, prior to a goal being scored (eg passes, dribbles, drawing fouls) — per 90 minutes. That rate of goal involvement places him as the top player in the Premier League, and in the top 10 across the five biggest European domestic leagues.’

Pickford
DCL Richarlison
Very creative but would get overrun in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.