Michael Owen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Kenright has just texted me a photo from the contract negotiations from his iphone.

SuperStock_1527R-1080199.jpg

so he passed the medical with flying colours I see...

I wouldnt mind taking a punt on him if his wages were reasonable, its the injuries that concern me, dont think it would be a good idea to have him and Saha in the same squad.

Could still a job. Wouldnt be surprised to see him a Villa.

well this rumour will have to wait another year - he's just re-signed with Man Utd for another twelve months.

Just signed a one year deal with Man Utd. Thank you Utd. We don't need more of your crocks.

Just signed a one year deal with Man Utd. Thank you Utd. We don't need more of your crocks.

Haha don't make me laugh. Turn a player like Owen down and then get moist over Bothroyd, Campbell or Mackail-Smith for gods sake. He's not been injured much this season, he's just not had the game time (which is no embarassment considering United's 3rd/4th choice striker was the leagues top scorer, and the other two were Rooney and Hernandez) and he's still better than any striker we've got. Wouldv'e definitely took him on a free.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haha don't make me laugh. Turn a player like Owen down and then get moist over Bothroyd, Campbell or Mackail-Smith for gods sake. He's not been injured much this season, he's just not had the game time (which is no embarassment considering United's 3rd/4th choice striker was the leagues top scorer, and the other two were Rooney and Hernandez) and he's still better than any striker we've got. Wouldv'e definitely took him on a free.

This, when you put things that way. I reckon though even if we had gotten him we'd have to ship Saha off or something... we can't afford wages like what he probably would require.

He's obviously not interested in playing first team football anymore, seems to me he's happy sitting on the bench and collecting his pay check. Maybe if he would have moved somewhere else he might get regular first team football and who knows a career resurrection and maybe an England call up, but hey why do that when you can sit on your arse and moan.

Must admit I didn't want him here, just wondering what he gets out of sitting on there bench, he is mega rich, more or less won everything there is to win...

He not getting any younger you would have thought he would want regular football and see how many goals he could score, thats if he is still capable of staying fit.

You do know there's no such thing as a free transfer right? We'd just be paying Owen a transfer fee rather than the Glaziers.

And honestly I'd rather have Beckford. (The quality isn't there, but he's younger, fitter and with more desire.)

You do know there's no such thing as a free transfer right? We'd just be paying Owen a transfer fee rather than the Glaziers.

And honestly I'd rather have Beckford. (The quality isn't there, but he's younger, fitter and with more desire.)

I know that for the couple of million we'd be giving Owen to sign, we'd be hard pushed to find a striker even close to his ability, let alone better.

Why is Owen's desire being called into question ?. I think his desire will be stronger than ever, he's seen the likes of Scholes, Giggs, Neville, Van Der Sar and Ferdinand play in the best team in the country and they are all older than him. Maybe he feels he has more to prove at the top level, bowing out at that level rather than taking the step down, and with Berbatov leaving its not unfeasible that he'll get significantly more game time. Its certainly not a case of sitting on the bench and taking his money, Owen's got more money than he could spend in a life time.

Rather have Beckford.....Words fail me !. He's not as good, but i'll be damned if he's not younger and readily available !

Status
Not open for further replies.