2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, I don`t think even Ancelotti can work his magic on the Icelandic fraud.

Well, Carlo did extract a couple of decent games from him over the holiday, which may well be all he has left in the tank.

Iwobi has been on an upward trajectory in recent weeks. I don't see how he gets into a full strength side, but if he keeps playing like this he'll get on when we're behind/level and need fresh legs up top.

Well, Carlo did extract a couple of decent games from him over the holiday, which may well be all he has left in the tank.

Iwobi has been on an upward trajectory in recent weeks. I don't see how he gets into a full strength side, but if he keeps playing like this he'll get on when we're behind/level and need fresh legs up top.
Easy gets in starting 11

…...............…..
.DCL
Richy James Wobcat

............Doucoure…..Allan

Digne Mina Keane Godfrey/Holgate

.........…….Pickford/Olsen

For me hes good enough to be a squad player but not a regular starter. Can play a number of positions in different formations so an excellent option off the bench. I quite liked the fact he was one of 2 orthodox wingers played against Wolves its a long time since we lined up like that. He also works hard which is the bare minimum I expect.

Easy gets in starting 11

…...............…...DCL
Richy James Wobcat

............Doucoure…..Allan

Digne Mina Keane Godfrey/Holgate

.........…….Pickford/Olsen

Definitely our best full strength XI. Think trying Godfrey at RB again is the next logical move. Holgate has been alright but Godfrey has been a revelation. I know I shouldn't do this to myself, but if Gylfi gets in the team ahead of Iwobi once Richy and Dom are back, I will be absolutely raging

In about 5 games he’s won the fans over, some really good performances.

I really like how he gets the ball and wants to make something happen with it.

Yes, that does result in poor passes, crosses and shots but he tends to try things enough times where one or two come off and we end up getting a goal out of it.

James benefitted from him alongside him against Wolves too.

It’s hard to NOT put him in the team at the moment because he’s played so well.

When Richarlison is out, he’s the only player out there who’ll commit and go past an opposition player. At wolves he did that time and time again.

He’s quick, direct and positive. Qualities we’re desperately lacking.

Admittedly, his final ball is often not up to scratch, but surely that can be improved on through coaching and hours put in on the training pitch.

He's a capable player and it's consistency that holds him back.

I really want to see him get himself into the box and into goalscoring positions more often. He can really up his scoring and turn 2 or 3 season into 6 or 7 if he takes more chances.

Pickford/Olsen

Coleman/Holgate - Keane - Mina - Digne/Godfrey

Doucoure
-------- Allan

James

--- Iwobi ----------------- Richarlison
DCL

I'm really liking the look of that system and the flexibility in the XI.

This should 100% be our “best” lineup.

Iwobi and Richarlison work hard off the ball so I can’t see why James can’t have a free role on the pitch.

We might even see this team after the Leicester match..

Status
Not open for further replies.