2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex iwobeans on toast

Attachments

• ErAMEQoXcAMG4Ey.jpeg
    ErAMEQoXcAMG4Ey.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 52

I think Holegate has been underrated and overlooked a little. I thought he did as good a job as Godfrey yesterday. Quietly effective. I would like to see him get forward a little more because he has it in his locker.

Been saying he's boss. Needs to have more opportunities as a forward option! Bravo Alex.

I think Holegate has been underrated and overlooked a little. I thought he did as good a job as Godfrey yesterday. Quietly effective. I would like to see him get forward a little more because he has it in his locker.
I thought when holgate did get forward he put a couple of absolutely cracking balls into the box. We've certainly stumbled upon something good with the 4 center backs and digne left mid.

Playing well, but I wish he’d have the confidence to take his man on. I think he done it once last night, during the second half, and he left the defender for dead. Certainly feel he’s been one of the biggest improvements in this squad since Carlos arrival.

Really excited to see his progression this season so far. I always rated him at arsenal as he always looked like he had something about him on the pitch. But obviously after seeing him come to us last season I had written him off as barely even a useful squad player cause he was woeful

Now's he playing with confidence and freedom and the goal tops all that hard work off. He had much better delivery into the box last night, making much better decisions on the pitch.
Mason behind him definitely a good pairing

...I criticised him in the week for not doing more, particularly suggesting he takes a leaf out of Richarlison’s book on how he hits the box when the ball comes in from the other flank. Chuffed he got on the end of that pass from Digne last night.

I really wouldn't be surprised with Iwobi if there was a confidence issue initially. He seemed to playw ithin himself quite a bit. He's realy coming out of his shell now, and you are starting to see him get more and more confident- as you say making those runs into the box from outside to in. He looks much happier to me on the right hand side as well.

For those of us who are a bit older, and remember the Moyes teams- this shouldn't come as a surprise. His teams were filled with players who took a year or so to settle and then got better and better. I can think of Jagielka, Baines, Lescott, Heitinga, Peinaar, Arteta etc who all took a little time to settle but when they did they all really kicked on. It's a positive of some of the stability Brands is beginning to bring where we have not been through managers quite as quickly, and players haveb't been bombed out like what happened around 2016-18. It would have been very easy to have said after the poor season last year he's done, but we've stuck with him and are now probably starting to see some return on that investment.

He has a bit of a way to go, but he may well close the need for us to go and have to buy a right forward type player if this continues. Thats his challenge now really, to nail down the spot. There's a few in the squad like that currently, who have probably earned the right to make the position theirs where a few months back there was a question mark.

I really wouldn't be surprised with Iwobi if there was a confidence issue initially. He seemed to playw ithin himself quite a bit. He's realy coming out of his shell now, and you are starting to see him get more and more confident- as you say making those runs into the box from outside to in. He looks much happier to me on the right hand side as well.

For those of us who are a bit older, and remember the Moyes teams- this shouldn't come as a surprise. His teams were filled with players who took a year or so to settle and then got better and better. I can think of Jagielka, Baines, Lescott, Heitinga, Peinaar, Arteta etc who all took a little time to settle but when they did they all really kicked on. It's a positive of some of the stability Brands is beginning to bring where we have not been through managers quite as quickly, and players haveb't been bombed out like what happened around 2016-18. It would have been very easy to have said after the poor season last year he's done, but we've stuck with him and are now probably starting to see some return on that investment.

He has a bit of a way to go, but he may well close the need for us to go and have to buy a right forward type player if this continues. Thats his challenge now really, to nail down the spot. There's a few in the squad like that currently, who have probably earned the right to make the position theirs where a few months back there was a question mark.

...worth adding his interplay with Rodriguez. There seems a blend & Rodriguez might support that confidence you highlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.