Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
4th is better than 5th, 3rd is better than 4th etc etc. You could get relegated with 73, would that be better or worse than that season?
Again nonsense, if you get to 73 points in 38 games you have had a high win percentage probably around 60%, for any team to get relegated they have had a low win percentage, that’s just maths, so no you absolutely cannot get relegated with 73 points. No one can control what the other teams do, but you can set a target to become consistent and 70 plus points would be a massive improvement on last season because it means 20 plus wins against last seasons 13. I would take that now knowing that it’s a high probability of getting top 4 but out of our control if it doesn’t

Again nonsense, if you get to 73 points in 38 games you have had a high win percentage probably around 60%, for any team to get relegated they have had a low win percentage, that’s just maths, so no you absolutely cannot get relegated with 73 points. No one can control what the other teams do, but you can set a target to become consistent and 70 plus point wound be a massive improvement on last season because it means 20 plus wins against last seasons 13. I would take that now knowing that it’s a high probability of getting top 4 but out of our control if it doesn’t
Without googling, in 1987, how many points did we win The Title with?

Thats how little points matter.

We need 20 wins to finish around the top places.

Obviously that means we need 10 for the first 19 games.

Weve got 1 from Spurs.

West Brom, Palace, Brighton could take us to 4 / 10. Then we have 15 games to get the other 6.

Need to see where we are after these next 3 games.

My target for the team is 20 wins...60pts and hope draws get us up into the top 4.

1st half of the season 19 games = 10 wins

2 down...8 to go.

Palace up next...hope we can get another :)

Still sticking with my 20 wins target this season.

10 in the first 19 games needed.

2 down ;)

Target is now 8 wins from 17 games.

Things will start to get exciting if we beat Palace and Brighton...

Yes at this stage its more about getting mins to all the players in the squad but we still need to get through the rounds. Then Ancelotti can see who has a chance to make the team + who may be good to keep next season if were in europe.

If we beat west ham, were in the quarter finals and 2 wins of a place in the final.

We can beat anyone on our day. Beat west ham, get a good draw and enjoy watching the youth mixed with quality.

A trophy would springboard us.

20 wins gets us to 60pts.

60pts over the last few seasons gets top 6.

If we fall slightly short then draws should take us over the line.

If we hit 20 wins then draws may mean champions league.

Also if we look at half a season and can get 10 wins from 19 games (now 7 wins needed from 16 games) were half way there.

Also it may encourage Moshiri/Brands/Ancelotti to splash in Jan for an extra boost and/or see players asking to come.

i havent said 20 wins will get "this or that". Ive said thats my own target which i believe will get at least top 6.

The last time 60+ pts didnt get top 6 was in 16/17 when we got 61pts and finished 7th. But, that season we only had 17 wins.

I dont think any team has got 20 wins in the premier league and finished outside top 6 ?

We have 5 wins in 9 games.
If we can land another 5 wins in the first half of the season id be pretty excited.

20 wins would give us (i think) champions league and set us up beautifully for 2 more summers of squad rebuild.

Leeds
Burnley
Chelsea
Leicester
Arsenal
Sheffield
Man City
West Ham
Wolves
Villa

Can we win 5 of those? I think if our front 3 can stay fit then we'll get there.

Im just looking at what we need to do...

20 wins...we'll know whether thats achievable after the next 10 games.

Without quality squad depth i think we need to have at minimum 10 wins after 19 games or we'll have an uphill struggle.

December could work in our favour despite the very tough games...other teams will have Europe but we'll need alot of luck.

Usually 4th goes to the team with 20 wins...sometimes one or two more but usually 20 is enough.

I think this season could be either alot higher or lower depending on December results and towards the end of the season when players are destroyed.

If we got to 20pts i think we get 4th...in any case a good target to aim at.

We really need to beat Leeds and Burnley to put us on 7 from 11. Then 8 games to get at least 3 wins so we have a great chance.

1 down...3 more wins needed in the next 6 games to keep us on track for 10 wins in 19 games.

The more i look at the table, the more i think 20 wins over the season will be enough for top 4.

If we can land 6pts against Arsenal and Sheff Utd then we'll be very well placed before City and you never know.

My guess is 66-70pts for 4th this season...20 wins and pickup the draws.

But, id start getting excited if we had more than 10 wins from 19.

True. Id probably invite Arsenal to have the posession (like chelsea and leicester) and then just win the game by any means.

The one we would probably need to play in would be Sheff Utd.

We have an extra days rest on United...they have Leeds who will take every drop of sweat out of them.

Derby really as they hate one another, though without Leeds fans so...

Looking beyond United...

Beat Sheffield and we'll only need 1 win to hit my target. My hope is that we win 3 out of the 5 games.

Imagine going into the 2nd half of the season and knowing you only need to win 8 from 19 to be sitting on 20 wins...

Its very close to becoming exciting.

I reckon we need to win 20 games to make champions league.

so we need a win % of 47% from our remaining 23 games to do it.

11 wins would see us do it I reckon. Assuming we pick up a few draws along the way.

Doable tbh.

Welcome to the 20 wins club ;)

We aren't drawing that many though. We seem to either win or lose. I'd add a couple of wins to that total just to make sure.

The key is to see how many we have after the next 4 games at the half way point.

H City
H West Ham
A Wolves
A Villa

If we win one we'll need to replicate 10 wins from 19 games...

Win two and 9 wins from 19 games...

Win three and 8 wins from 19 games...

Looking solely at points Id happily take 7pts from these 4 games as things stand today...9 wins in the 2nd half of the season is doable.

I think if we could get 9pts we'd be really looking at top 4.

Lets hope we get something from City to carry on the unbeaten run.

Welcome to the 20 wins club ;)

The key is to see how many we have after the next 4 games at the half way point.

H City
H West Ham
A Wolves
A Villa

If we win one we'll need to replicate 10 wins from 19 games...

Win two and 9 wins from 19 games...

Win three and 8 wins from 19 games...

Looking solely at points Id happily take 7pts from these 4 games as things stand today...9 wins in the 2nd half of the season is doable.

I think if we could get 9pts we'd be really looking at top 4.

Lets hope we get something from City to carry on the unbeaten run.
I can see this being a really dull game. 0-0.

I just think with the schedule, our back four sitting deep, Aguero not fit, De Bruyne and Silva not having much confidence in front of goal recently, Jesus out with Covid in could be a dull affair.

Lets be honest, every evertonian would take a point if offered before the game.

Would be a dream to win though and have us sitting on 10 wins at the halfway point. If we somehow managed a win then we'd still have 3 games to rackup unexpected points.

Id still take a draw :)

Lets be honest, every evertonian would take a point if offered before the game.

Would be a dream to win though and have us sitting on 10 wins at the halfway point. If we somehow managed a win then we'd still have 3 games to rackup unexpected points.

Id still take a draw :)
I'll be hoping for a win, I'd take a draw.

One thing with this team is we don't seem to approach games with the belief that we'll lose. I just hope we start sharper than we did against Utd as we didn't wake up to that game until about 30 minutes in.

One thing with this team is we don't seem to approach games with the belief that we'll lose. I just hope we start sharper than we did against Utd as we didn't wake up to that game until about 30 minutes in.
The players werent arsed, but thats ok, cos half of our fans arent arsed about the City game.

Its ok to throw games now.

I'll be hoping for a draw and amazed if we win.

I wonder if Pep may be looking at this match and thinking a draw could be a good result for City as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.