Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again nonsense, if you get to 73 points in 38 games you have had a high win percentage probably around 60%, for any team to get relegated they have had a low win percentage, that’s just maths, so no you absolutely cannot get relegated with 73 points. No one can control what the other teams do, but you can set a target to become consistent and 70 plus points would be a massive improvement on last season because it means 20 plus wins against last seasons 13. I would take that now knowing that it’s a high probability of getting top 4 but out of our control if it doesn’t
But it begs the question - what is the most points that you could get and be relegated?

I'm going with 63.

I'll be hoping for a draw and amazed if we win.

I wonder if Pep may be looking at this match and thinking a draw could be a good result for City as well...
I bet it’s more likely he’s looking at the table and wondering how the heck they’re 3 points behind us. Their squad is still full of talent. I just hope Aguero keeps not starting and Stones keeps starting. We can absolutely win this if we play well at the back.

I bet it’s more likely he’s looking at the table and wondering how the heck they’re 3 points behind us. Their squad is still full of talent. I just hope Aguero keeps not starting and Stones keeps starting. We can absolutely win this if we play well at the back.

I think a win is a step too far. The only real chance we have is if we keep a clean sheet and hold them 0-0.

Cant see us scoring 1 or 2 goals against them with our creative players out.

He should be; if he wants to get CL football with us he'll know he has to at least topple the club's PL points record.

7 points from the next 4 games keeps him on track for 72 points at the halfway stage. I think anything over 75 will give a team a shot at the league this season which makes it annoying that a poor Liverpool will probably challenge for it like they did in 13/14 but the top 4 will be concertinaed up so that even 70 points might not be enough for fourth.

7 points from the next 4 games keeps him on track for 72 points at the halfway stage. I think anything over 75 will give a team a shot at the league this season which makes it annoying that a poor Liverpool will probably challenge for it like they did in 13/14 but the top 4 will be concertinaed up so that even 70 points might not be enough for fourth.

I think 7pts is realistic with the fixtures and the form were in.

However, a win today throws the cat amongst the pigeons...

I think a win is a step too far. The only real chance we have is if we keep a clean sheet and hold them 0-0.

Cant see us scoring 1 or 2 goals against them with our creative players out.
Set pieces work wonders. And we have some good headers of the ball. I’m not saying we will win, but this City side aren’t scary like they’ve been in the past.

63 points. Everybody gets 21 wins and you go down on GD. Bottom 2 teams lose every game

This is correct, barring scenarios such as the Rangers administration (relegated two tiers down) or other sanctions, such as for FFP.

It doesn't matter what results the bottom two have against each other so long as they lose every game to everyone else.

I think 7pts is realistic with the fixtures and the form were in.

However, a win today throws the cat amongst the pigeons...

What makes it really interesting is that we have maintained this position despite all the injuries we’ve had. Teams like Spurs Liverpool United Leicester Villa have all had their top attacking players fit for pretty much every game. Look at how Wolves have struggled the second they’ve lost Jimenez. If Vardy lost Leicester for any stretch of time they’d drop down. Even some Liveprool fans were bemoaning Jota being missing as they had no real option off the bench against West Brom. Spurs wouldn’t be anywhere if Kane and Son started missing games. Chelsea fans are moaning because Ziyech one of their many many attacking players is missing.

Meanwhile we’ve lost Richarlison for a third of the games we’ve played and James for a large amount also. Add Digne’s attacking output to that and that’s a huge amount of firepower missing for a lot of games. Despite that we’re still in the top 4.

If a situation transpires in the second half of the season where we have our players back fit and healthy, and our rivals started picking up injuries or suspensions to their top players then it could get very very interesting in the race for the European places.

Status
Not open for further replies.