Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Win the next 3 and we're back as being champions elect. I can't say one team actually look like champions this season. The standard is utterly horrific.
If we play as we did for large parts of today's game,be lucky to get three points from them.

Seriously though, we are miles off being a top 4 side. A lot of very good teams about this year, and only occasionally do we look like one of them.

Win the next 3 and we're back as being champions elect. I can't say one team actually look like champions this season. The standard is utterly horrific.
Total opposite IMO, the standard is very good, hence why no team or two teams looks like walking it. The team finishing 7th will still be a good side this season.

Total opposite IMO, the standard is very good, hence why no team or two teams looks like walking it. The team finishing 7th will still be a good side this season.

Various ways of looking at it i suppose, we have city, Liverpool and United who have conceded 5,6 and 7 already this season. But then English teams are finding Europe easy, think it says more about the general quality of world football right now. Myself, i think it's utterly woeful around the whole world, hard to name 5 proper world class players in each position right now.

Seriously though, we are miles off being a top 4 side. A lot of very good teams about this year, and only occasionally do we look like one of them.

We have 5 wins in 9 games.
If we can land another 5 wins in the first half of the season id be pretty excited.

20 wins would give us (i think) champions league and set us up beautifully for 2 more summers of squad rebuild.

Leeds
Burnley
Chelsea
Leicester
Arsenal
Sheffield
Man City
West Ham
Wolves
Villa

Can we win 5 of those? I think if our front 3 can stay fit then we'll get there.

I think it's safe to say we won't be troubling the top spot. But if we could just sort out our defence we could really have an outside chance at top 4. A team scoring as much as we are shouldn't be needing so many tight getaways

Think we've got to try olssen for a few games, i think there's a lack of trust from the defence in the keeper which plays a part, but we've tried so many different combinations at the back, obviously chopping and changing all the time isn't helping either, but we're going nowhere if we keep conceding like we do.

Think we've got to try olssen for a few games, i think there's a lack of trust from the defence in the keeper which plays a part, but we've tried so many different combinations at the back, obviously chopping and changing all the time isn't helping either, but we're going nowhere if we keep conceding like we do.

I'd love nothing more than to see Olsen in goals. I just don't see Carlo making that call

We have 5 wins in 9 games.
If we can land another 5 wins in the first half of the season id be pretty excited.

20 wins would give us (i think) champions league and set us up beautifully for 2 more summers of squad rebuild.

Leeds
Burnley
Chelsea
Leicester
Arsenal
Sheffield
Man City
West Ham
Wolves
Villa

Can we win 5 of those? I think if our front 3 can stay fit then we'll get there.
Top 4 would have us finishing ahead of any one of City, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea, and that is a very tall order. Not to mention Man Utd, Arsenal, Leicester and Wolves.

Top 4 would have us finishing ahead of any one of City, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea, and that is a very tall order. Not to mention Man Utd, Arsenal, Leicester and Wolves.

Im just looking at what we need to do...

20 wins...we'll know whether thats achievable after the next 10 games.

Without quality squad depth i think we need to have at minimum 10 wins after 19 games or we'll have an uphill struggle.

December could work in our favour despite the very tough games...other teams will have Europe but we'll need alot of luck.

I’d be much happier with extra cover up front. Can you imagine bringing on a lightening quick forward for that last half hour today, running in behind, stretching them.

Status
Not open for further replies.