Leicester
Arsenal
Sheff utd
Man city
West Ham
Wolves
Villa

I think we may be able to sneak 4 wins there

1 down...3 more wins needed in the next 6 games to keep us on track for 10 wins in 19 games.

The more i look at the table, the more i think 20 wins over the season will be enough for top 4.

If we can land 6pts against Arsenal and Sheff Utd then we'll be very well placed before City and you never know.

Love the positivity but it's looking like we will be yoyoing this season. What I hope for is by mid Feb we are at worst 4/5 points off of the top 4. I reckon we could easily go on a run to the end of the season like in Silva's first here and if we are not 15/20 points back when we start that then we have a chance for something.

Love the positivity but it's looking like we will be yoyoing this season. What I hope for is by mid Feb we are at worst 4/5 points off of the top 4. I reckon we could easily go on a run to the end of the season like in Silva's first here and if we are not 15/20 points back when we start that then we have a chance for something.

If were sat on 10 wins after 19 games then i think we have a fair chance of top 4.

We would need 3 wins from these;

Arsenal
Sheff utd
Man city
West Ham
Wolves
Villa

Four or five wins from these 6 matches and i could see Moshiri opening the chequebook and we may be looking at champions league next season with the momentum.

1 down...3 more wins needed in the next 6 games to keep us on track for 10 wins in 19 games.

The more i look at the table, the more i think 20 wins over the season will be enough for top 4.

You'd need a lot of draws as well.

Points target after 13 games (averaged over 38 games) is 71 for top 4, which is down since the teams at the top of the table not named "RS" backed up.

Teams that finish on or around 70 usually have 21 wins or so in recent seasons.

If we can land 6pts against Arsenal and Sheff Utd then we'll be very well placed before City and you never know.
1 game at a time, we looked at Soton,Newcastle as certs after our start. Burnley and Leeds home. Patience just beat Arsenal who have still got some quality players should be the only focus. I'd like us to rip into them from the start they are really fragile at the minute.

You'd need a lot of draws as well.

Points target after 13 games (averaged over 38 games) is 71 for top 4, which is down since the teams at the top of the table not named "RS" backed up.

Teams that finish on or around 70 usually have 21 wins or so in recent seasons.

My guess is 66-70pts for 4th this season...20 wins and pickup the draws.

But, id start getting excited if we had more than 10 wins from 19.

1 game at a time, we looked at Soton,Newcastle as certs after our start. Burnley and Leeds home. Patience just beat Arsenal who have still got some quality players should be the only focus. I'd like us to rip into them from the start they are really fragile at the minute.

True. Id probably invite Arsenal to have the posession (like chelsea and leicester) and then just win the game by any means.

The one we would probably need to play in would be Sheff Utd.

If were sat on 10 wins after 19 games then i think we have a fair chance of top 4.

We would need 3 wins from these;

Arsenal
Sheff utd
Man city
West Ham
Wolves
Villa

Four or five wins from these 6 matches and i could see Moshiri opening the chequebook and we may be looking at champions league next season with the momentum.

Wolves and Villa away will be tricky, especially factoring in fixture congestion which could (happily) be made worse by a League Cup semi-final (which are normally played in January, from memory).

Am nervous also about Sheffield United away - we'll be a bit leggy after playing the League Cup quarter-final, and it's already make or break time for Chris Wilder's boys if they want to stay in the PL.

Wolves and Villa away will be tricky, especially factoring in fixture congestion which could (happily) be made worse by a League Cup semi-final (which are normally played in January, from memory).

Am nervous also about Sheffield United away - we'll be a bit leggy after playing the League Cup quarter-final, and it's already make or break time for Chris Wilder's boys if they want to stay in the PL.

I think if we can keep the back line intact + have Doucoure in form then we'll be very hard to beat and may be able to nab a few wins...

Man City also could be a shock if they carry on their form...

6 league games time we could be looking very positive for the 2nd half of the season.

Id say Arsenal and Sheff United, 4-6 pts from those two and we'll be in a good position.

Status
Not open for further replies.