2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like he can't be bothered

I wouldn't go as far as saying he is not bothered but he looks scared.

I can't stand players hiding and not showing for the ball, it's incredibly disrespectful to your team mates, most of which have not got Gomes' ability but will at least put themselves in the firing line.

I actually feel really bad for Keane and Mina, everyone rounds on them for passing it between each other over and over again but if nobody is showing for the ball what else can they do?

Bad injuries & getting older has taken its toll...

Looks slow & incapable of making a decent through ball or pass...

Very injury prone & about as mobile as a veteran playing out his last season...

Bad injuries & getting older has taken its toll...

Looks slow & incapable of making a decent through ball or pass...

Very injury prone & about as mobile as a veteran playing out his last season...

He only turned 27 in July mate, he should be in his prime but he looks like a player coming to the end of his career.

The injury maybe has effected him mentally because he certainly stank the place out before it but maybe he's not willing to get stuck in after that tackle, I don't know man he's just another who has turned into Mr Invisible.

What do you do after a performance like that? I’m shocked how bad it was.

I know everyone’s saying he’s finished but he looked alright first few games of season.

I get players being out of form, but the lack of effort was unacceptable.

He was absolutely rank. Might have played himself out of the club tonight. You could tell by the timing of the sub that Carlo was disgusted by him, very rarely do you see a manager making a tactical change seconds after having made a forced one.

Surprised he let him sit on the bench to watch the rest of it.

I’m being deadly serious here besic should be registered in the squad in January and Gomes needs shipping out on loan to somewhere he can play and try to regain some form. We know besic works hard and gets stuck in (no Allan and we lack that apart ) which is a lot more than Gomes who looks like he’s gassed after a 10 yard jog. If Gomes can’t regain some form out on loan well we need to look for a replacement

Even Neville called it early on in the Sky Sports commentary, hiding from taking the ball off the central defenders. Was watching Gomes quite closely and it was literally just that, hiding.
Don’t understand him, he’s got a lot of ability on the ball, but it’s like his confidence is unbelievably delicate

Honest question... can someone please tell me what he offers? Doesn’t score, doesnt even shoot, doesn’t create , doesn’t win possession , can’t track runners, useless in the air, has no pace , gives simple passes away...

Looks and plays like he’s in one of Harry Redknapps veteran teams that go on the lash with Neil Ruddock before a match.

Not a chance he starts another match anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.