2020/21 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was poor against Liverpool but today I think he tried his best but was stretched in trying to cover both wings in the first half.

Neither Iwobi or James tracked back in the way that Richy normally would. As such, Allan had to try and go side to side but couldn’t quite get there most of the time.

We can not afford to play Iwobi on one side it James is on the other in my opinion

Being asked to do too much. Close down from the front and drop back to defend deep. Not possible to accomplish these2 task, even Fernandinho will struggle to meet such requirements.

no doubt, but we were overrun. And his position it to be a bulwark against that. And he was just jogging.

Think one also has to consider what support was about, Godfrey was having a mare, Siggy was a waste of space and no Richie tracking back to help, Gomes should have been in there.

Is it me or is he a lot slower than expected?

He's never been massively quick, but he's quick enough over 5 yards.

His issue is he keeps diving in. It's letting players pop it round him.

He's not a sitter, but he's playing that role. Unfortunately in the last few games it's not quite worked.

He's been brilliant for us so far but perhaps the midfield needs a shake up.

If that means Delph coming in next week, so be it. That can mean Allan can move to one of the more advanced box-to-box roles, and get Gomes in to give Doucoure a rest.

They all looked knackered today.

The problem with the midfield is we still have 1 out of the 3 (Gomes/Gylfi) who offer nothing defensively so when James also doesn't offer anything defensively out wide then one of our only 2 midfielders who can tackle have to cover the Right hand side.

With Richarlison covering Digne and Coleman being on top form we have learnt to cope with that somewhat but having Iwobi and a CB needing to play at RB it was never going to work against a pressing team who play two up top.

Status
Not open for further replies.