Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think seeing the difference in the midfield yesterday, we really should go in for another imposing CM (loan or permanent). We now have a really exciting starting midfield, but we need depth to back it up/rotate and I don't see Sig/Davies being able to do that for Allan/Doucoure. Gbamin is the unknown but doesn't seem to be near playing.

It was so good to see the difference when we play with aggression/energy and makes me pray we never go back to the strolling round of last season in midfield.
My delight yesterday was tempered by the nagging worry about what happens when we get a couple of injuries in CM.

Really hope there’s still 3-4 to come in.

Fantastic performance & result, but we need at least 18 reliable players to maintain that standard allowing for rotation, injuries & suspensions.

We’re only a couple of yellows & a knock away from Sigurdsson & Iwobi. I’m sure we’ll bring in a couple more, but hope it’s 4.

I would be happy with 2-3.

I think we need a winger one the manager actually likes.

Convinced James will come more central over the next few months.

Obviously to do that we need to shift one of:

Bernard
Iwobi
Walcott

We need cover at CB too.

A RB would be nice but I ain’t too fussed at the moment

I just hope Chelsea messing us around over Tomori doesnt lead to us spending money on that area when we only really need a loan until Holgate is back.

Im hoping we can get Stones as he's the best of a bad bunch when you see the usual suspects like Smalling and Rojo available.
A loan makes sense. Would also allow Branthwaite out on loan to develop more. I think he’d benefit from playing week in week out in the Championship.

I just hope Chelsea messing us around over Tomori doesnt lead to us spending money on that area when we only really need a loan until Holgate is back.

Im hoping we can get Stones as he's the best of a bad bunch when you see the usual suspects like Smalling and Rojo available.

...yesterday illustrated we need pace and power in the back four and that will not be addressed with Holgate. We sat deep and they still managed to get in behind (Doherty) because none of them have powers of recovery. Only a last ditch intervention by Doucoure stopped Spurs being clean through on goal in a central area.

Its a fault that needs to be fixed and the players we’re being linked with (Gabriel and Tomori - certainly not Stones) suggests Ancelotti and Brands think the same.

If we could bring a speedy wide player in now like Lozano I think we would have a serious team.

Looking at us yesterday I thought it was possibly the one thing we lacked.
If we continue to play like this teams will be afraid of us and will start to defend deep I think we may struggle against a packed defence without having some real pace.
Of course Theo Walcott is still an option for that role.

It was a pleasant experience for once that we were the dominant team. That we were the team passing the ball around and looked like the top six team we hope to be... if not better.

Cant see them loaning us anyone after the performance yesterday mate.

If we could bring a speedy wide player in now like Lozano I think we would have a serious team.

If we continue to play like this teams will be afraid of us and will start to defend deep I think we may struggle against a packed defence without having some real pace.

It was a pleasant experience for once that we were the dominant team. That we were the team passing the ball around and looked like the top six team we hope to be... if not better.

A CB with pace and someone of similar quality to Richarlison who could play on the other side and we’d be a serious threat to the top 6.

The beauty of signing James is that he will be well used to breaking down teams that park the bus when playing for Madrid and Bayern. He has the tools to unlock defences.

Agree with the majority of your post.

But surely pace gets negated against a team defending deep? There's no space in behind for the quick players to take advantage of.

Pace is much more effective when you're playing against a team with a high line and the pacy players can exploit the space in behind on the break.

Against teams sitting deep we need the creative players like James to unlock the defense with a clever pass or bit of skill as opposed to raw pace.

Keeping James fit as much as possible this season means we can't risk him playing 90 every match.

We badly need to shift players and get one more quality wide option to rotate between Richarlison and James. I can still see that being Zaha personally - he wants to leave and they can't keep him forever.

If they want a reasonable fee (I wouldn't go near the £52m we offered last summer) or would consider taking some of our players in a swap I think we could do a lot worse.

Walcott, Iwobi, Bernard, Bolasie are all "alright" - I don't even think Bolasie is any worse that the others to be honest. Bernard is head and shoulders better talent wise but it rarely transfers into performances.

If anything Bernard or Iwobi could be really useful in the same role that Gomes played yesterday but not in a wide position.

Financially and to capitalise on what could be a great season for us, we need Marcel to make some magic happen.

Keeping James fit as much as possible this season means we can't risk him playing 90 every match.

We badly need to shift players and get one more quality wide option to rotate between Richarlison and James. I can still see that being Zaha personally - he wants to leave and they can't keep him forever.

If they want a reasonable fee (I wouldn't go near the £52m we offered last summer) or would consider taking some of our players in a swap I think we could do a lot worse.

Walcott, Iwobi, Bernard, Bolasie are all "alright" - I don't even think Bolasie is any worse that the others to be honest. Bernard is head and shoulders better talent wise but it rarely transfers into performances.

If anything Bernard or Iwobi could be really useful in the same role that Gomes played yesterday but not in a wide position.

Financially and to capitalise on what could be a great season for us, we need Marcel to make some magic happen.
I just don’t see us paying the money for Zaha atm. I would love some more firepower out wide but suspect we’ll move for someone else.

I just don’t see us paying the money for Zaha atm. I would love some more firepower out wide but suspect we’ll move for someone else.

There's a big question mark over what the Zaha money would even be at the moment. There's no links as it stands but anyone with that direct pace and ability would be ideal for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.