Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't think Kean makes an impact as a sub tbh. He seems to struggle. It's hard and I think he is a lot better starting games but Richy and DCL are both performing ATM.
1600082149671.png

...yesterday illustrated we need pace and power in the back four and that will not be addressed with Holgate. We sat deep and they still managed to get in behind (Doherty) because none of them have powers of recovery. Only a last ditch intervention by Doucoure stopped Spurs being clean through on goal in a central area.

Its a fault that needs to be fixed and the players we’re being linked with (Gabriel and Tomori - certainly not Stones) suggests Ancelotti and Brands think the same.

I think Tomori will be that player. CBs with that skillset are high risk and expensive - City have spent hundreds of millions trying to get players that tick all of those boxes.

Getting a cheap loan who is low risk and knows the league (Tomori) makes a lot of sense all round for us. It means that next summer when we'll hopefully be in a much healthier financial position we can either get Tomori permanent if things go well, or splash out on a new signing.

I think Tomori will be that player. CBs with that skillset are high risk and expensive - City have spent hundreds of millions trying to get players that tick all of those boxes.

Getting a cheap loan who is low risk and knows the league (Tomori) makes a lot of sense all round for us. It means that next summer when we'll hopefully be in a much healthier financial position we can either get Tomori permanent if things go well, or splash out on a new signing.

....fingers crossed.

If he plays well that won’t work we need an option to buy now.

If we are short of money, a top class utility player who could play CB, RB and holding mid would be good. We can’t have Siggurdson being the first reserve midfielder as he almost cost us the game yesterday. Need someone with legs who can give Doucoure and Allan a rest. Hopefully Gbamin can do that when fit, or Delph, but a young prospect on loan who could cover all three positions would be ideal.
Agree. But we need a pacey winger too. Lozano would do for me and Emerson RB the Chelsea lad on loan and that would be a brilliant window. Oh and getting shut of a lot of the dross. Tough job for brands
Winger
CB cover
RB
We need:
Leon Bailey
Tomori or another rapid CB
Emerson or Dalot
... and to shift 5 of our fringe players.

I’d explode in my on jizz if this occurred.
...yesterday illustrated we need pace and power in the back four and that will not be addressed with Holgate. We sat deep and they still managed to get in behind (Doherty) because none of them have powers of recovery. Only a last ditch intervention by Doucoure stopped Spurs being clean through on goal in a central area.

Its a fault that needs to be fixed and the players we’re being linked with (Gabriel and Tomori - certainly not Stones) suggests Ancelotti and Brands think the same.
Keeping James fit as much as possible this season means we can't risk him playing 90 every match.

We badly need to shift players and get one more quality wide option to rotate between Richarlison and James. I can still see that being Zaha personally - he wants to leave and they can't keep him forever.

If they want a reasonable fee (I wouldn't go near the £52m we offered last summer) or would consider taking some of our players in a swap I think we could do a lot worse.

Walcott, Iwobi, Bernard, Bolasie are all "alright" - I don't even think Bolasie is any worse that the others to be honest. Bernard is head and shoulders better talent wise but it rarely transfers into performances.

If anything Bernard or Iwobi could be really useful in the same role that Gomes played yesterday but not in a wide position.

Financially and to capitalise on what could be a great season for us, we need Marcel to make some magic happen.
Those players cost big money mate.

If Brands didnt want to pay the £27 million or so for Gabriel then we aint getting a top CB this summer.

Would rather loan a CB and go all out next summer on a top player.

A RB with pace would be adequate in helping us defend against quick opposition.
If Richarlison and James are gonna be our first choice options for the flanks then I’d rather us look at a younger, cheaper option than Zaha - despite him obviously being a very talented footballer. The links to Bailey earlier on in the window I reckon make sense, especially given that he has experience playing on both wings... I do think there’s a number of decent options for the flanks that we can look at as an alternative to Zaha.

Pickford / Virginia / Lossl
Coleman / Kenny
Mina / Keane
Holgate / Branthwaite
Digne / Nkounkou
Allan / Gbamin
Doucoure / Davies
Gomes / Sigurdsson
James / Iwobi
Richarlison / Gordon
DCL / Kean

Thats what I see as being our squad just based on 'similar' types of player -- where possible.

GK: Competition for Pickford
RB: A right sided Digne
LCB: Quick athletic baller
CM: Doucoure/Gomes competition
RM: To allow James to alternate positions

Are the positions we need competition in i think.

For me, Id go for RB + LCB as priority. If we had 2 very fast players there yesterday i dont think Spurs would have even had any chances.

Need players to allow the high line + who have recovery pace. The right back needs to be a threat as well to go past James and open up the pitch.

Emerson + Tomori or similar and id be happy.

We really need to shift 10-16 players though.

We definitely need a CB, and I'd agree that a loan may be preferable. I'm not sure how cheap they come, though? We reportedly paid 8 million pound just to loan Zouma the other year.

We definitely need another CB in though, Holgate's injury has highlighted just how light we are in that position.

We could have had Branthwaite or Gibson.

Kenny played centrehalf for a while against Preston and CA must have felt that he or Coleman could slot in there.

Wouldnt want to leave ourselves with that choice tbh. Think we need another more experienced option.

From seeing Zaha the other day and reading Hodgson's comments I'd be surprised if he doesn't move on. They're being linked with a Brentford winger and I'd be surprised if hes not a direct replacement.

If Dortmund sell Sancho to Utd then he could end up there, otherwise I think we might see him here before the window closes.

No chance in Hell Dortmund sign Zaha.

We definitely need a CB, and I'd agree that a loan may be preferable. I'm not sure how cheap they come, though? We reportedly paid 8 million pound just to loan Zouma the other year.

We definitely need another CB in though, Holgate's injury has highlighted just how light we are in that position.

Not sure really. The Zouma fee surprised me but maybe that included his wages?

In reality Tomori playing for us regularly is going to be a huge benefit to his value and progression, so they should be happy to loan him! :D

Pickford / Virginia / Lossl
Coleman / Kenny
Mina / Keane
Holgate / Branthwaite
Digne / Nkounkou
Allan / Gbamin
Doucoure / Davies
Gomes / Sigurdsson
James / Iwobi
Richarlison / Gordon
DCL / Kean

Thats what I see as being our squad just based on 'similar' types of player -- where possible.

GK: Competition for Pickford
RB: A right sided Digne
LCB: Quick athletic baller
CM: Doucoure/Gomes competition
RM: To allow James to alternate positions

Are the positions we need competition in i think.

For me, Id go for RB + LCB as priority. If we had 2 very fast players there yesterday i dont think Spurs would have even had any chances.

Need players to allow the high line + who have recovery pace. The right back needs to be a threat as well to go past James and open up the pitch.

Emerson + Tomori or similar and id be happy.

We really need to shift 10-16 players though.

It's the players out I'm more excited/concerned about. There seems to be an abundance of acceptable RB options out there, and hardly any LCB which fit the template that I think we need. Think the level of player will be totally reliant on who/how many we can shift.

I saw we were linked with Bremer from Torino - a right footer and so I assume plays on the Right of the CB pairing. could be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.