Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think Zaha could be on the cards. He desperately wants out and he (or in fairness any decent wide forward) gives us options and that’s what top sides need. If a cash plus player deal could be arrange it could be good for both parties

I don't want him anyway, but can't see him coming here to be a bit-part player to cover for James/Richy.

Tin hat on for this one, but I would rather spend on RB/CB and give Iwobi a chance. If Carlo IS getting his message across to players then there's a chance Iwobi could come on stronger in his second season.

Agree with the majority of your post.

But surely pace gets negated against a team defending deep? There's no space in behind for the quick players to take advantage of.

Pace is much more effective when you're playing against a team with a high line and the pacy players can exploit the space in behind on the break.

Against teams sitting deep we need the creative players like James to unlock the defense with a clever pass or bit of skill as opposed to raw pace.
In a different sport ( hurling) I heard somebody say that you can't mark pace and I think that is so true.

I agree with you that if all you have is pace that can be dealt with.... with difficulty, but if you can offer creativity and pace then it is very hard to deal with that.

If reports are true that we got James on a free (I know he would have had a sizeable signing on fee) then that might free up money for another wide player.
Lozano or Zaha
Emerson/Arias/Dalot on loan
Tomori on loan
That would be an outstanding window.

...yesterday illustrated we need pace and power in the back four and that will not be addressed with Holgate. We sat deep and they still managed to get in behind (Doherty) because none of them have powers of recovery. Only a last ditch intervention by Doucoure stopped Spurs being clean through on goal in a central area.

Its a fault that needs to be fixed and the players we’re being linked with (Gabriel and Tomori - certainly not Stones) suggests Ancelotti and Brands think the same.
That Doherty one was just a piece of brilliance by Kane. Timori or even Van Dyke couldn't have stopped that happening. Sometimes you just have to say nice one to the attacking side. It's a play I'm hoping to see James do for us this season

I don't want him anyway, but can't see him coming here to be a bit-part player to cover for James/Richy.

Tin hat on for this one, but I would rather spend on RB/CB and give Iwobi a chance. If Carlo IS getting his message across to players then there's a chance Iwobi could come on stronger in his second season.
Just looked at the last 20 minutes yesterday, the thought of bringing Zaha on to hold the ball and run at a tired Spurs defense

Thinking about it...

If we could sell;

Sigurdsson
Bernard
Delph
Iwobi
Besic
Walcott
Etc etc

Then have 2 signings, Id go for Emerson and Zakaria.

Zakaria would be competing with Doucoure and Gomes and Emerson with Coleman.

Would try for a CB on loan but winger can wait.

Thinking about it...

If we could sell;

Sigurdsson
Bernard
Delph
Iwobi
Besic
Walcott
Etc etc

Then have 2 signings, Id go for Emerson and Zakaria.

Zakaria would be competing with Doucoure and Gomes and Emerson with Coleman.

Would try for a CB on loan but winger can wait.

Why would Zakaria leave a CL team to come here and possibly be on the bench behind Allan?

Status
Not open for further replies.