Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The transfer deadline to Championship clubs is 25th October.. I think.
That is still six weeks away. We can keep Branthwaite and Gibson as cover until then before sending one or both on loan.
That will then be seven weeks pot injury for Holgate and by then even Gbamin may be nearing fitness and he plays centre half as well.

Still think Zaha could be on the cards. He desperately wants out and he (or in fairness any decent wide forward) gives us options and that’s what top sides need. If a cash plus player deal could be arrange it could be good for both parties
I don’t see it unless we offload players. He’ll want big wages and we’ll need players off the books. Palace wouldn’t want any of our players.

Will be quiet until deadline day now I reckon.

I think a few clubs who haven't started well or maybe get an injury or two will be more willing to take a punt on some of the players we're looking to punt.

Also hoping we have a backup CB target lined up, but I'm hoping if he hasn't played much by October then Tomori will push for the loan to us.

As to be expected.

Only deal that was maybe gonna get tied up anytime soon was Tomori. That may drag on or we may move onto other targets.

Everything now will be done in the last week or so of the window I feel - we have to move players out.

Linked to Brazilian CB this morning, Gleison Bremer Silva Nascimento, from Torino, I have never heard of him. He is 23, 6ft 1in tall and has played in the Italian league since 2018.

https://www.[Publication is blackli...igning-brazilian-defender-amid-tomori-update/

Will be quiet until deadline day now I reckon.

I think a few clubs who haven't started well or maybe get an injury or two will be more willing to take a punt on some of the players we're looking to punt.

Also hoping we have a backup CB target lined up, but I'm hoping if he hasn't played much by October then Tomori will push for the loan to us.
Lampard doesn’t seem to want to let Tomori go based on his comments. Suspect we’ll move on to other targets. We don’t want the same situation as last year when we’re making deadline day loan moves for CBs.

agree it will be quiet for a week or two now, maybe until we get a few players offloaded.

Still think Zaha could be on the cards. He desperately wants out and he (or in fairness any decent wide forward) gives us options and that’s what top sides need. If a cash plus player deal could be arrange it could be good for both parties

I think it depends on the fee for Zaha, if they are still after £60m then I think there is no chance. In the press last week they said offers of £30m would be entertained by the Palace board as they have lined up Jeremie Boga to replace Zaha. I think we need to get about 4/5 players out the door to raise funds and reduce the wage bill to get Zaha in. It could go right to the deadline, because there dont seem to be clubs queuing up to take our players away.

Really hope there’s still 3-4 to come in.

Fantastic performance & result, but we need at least 18 reliable players to maintain that standard allowing for rotation, injuries & suspensions.

We’re only a couple of yellows & a knock away from Sigurdsson & Iwobi. I’m sure we’ll bring in a couple more, but hope it’s 4.

I think seeing the difference in the midfield yesterday, we really should go in for another imposing CM (loan or permanent). We now have a really exciting starting midfield, but we need depth to back it up/rotate and I don't see Sig/Davies being able to do that for Allan/Doucoure. Gbamin is the unknown but doesn't seem to be near playing.

It was so good to see the difference when we play with aggression/energy and makes me pray we never go back to the strolling round of last season in midfield.

Really hope there’s still 3-4 to come in.

Fantastic performance & result, but we need at least 18 reliable players to maintain that standard allowing for rotation, injuries & suspensions.

We’re only a couple of yellows & a knock away from Sigurdsson & Iwobi. I’m sure we’ll bring in a couple more, but hope it’s 4.
Ideally a RB, CB and a pacy winger/forward but I’m guessing it all hinges on us selling players.

I think it depends on the fee for Zaha, if they are still after £60m then I think there is no chance. In the press last week they said offers of £30m would be entertained by the Palace board as they have lined up Jeremie Boga to replace Zaha. I think we need to get about 4/5 players out the door to raise funds and reduce the wage bill to get Zaha in. It could go right to the deadline, because there dont seem to be clubs queuing up to take our players away.

They're never getting 60m+. I think this summer is their last chance of getting a decent fee for him and when i say decent i mean 30-40 tops. Judging on Woy's post match comments they're basically inviting bids now.

That St Ruperts tower reports more bum gas than any other news outlet known to human kind.

Look at who wrote it and you'll see it's a 12 year old child in a Barca top.

Lampard doesn’t seem to want to let Tomori go based on his comments. Suspect we’ll move on to other targets. We don’t want the same situation as last year when we’re making deadline day loan moves for CBs.

agree it will be quiet for a week or two now, maybe until we get a few players offloaded.

I just hope Chelsea messing us around over Tomori doesnt lead to us spending money on that area when we only really need a loan until Holgate is back.

Im hoping we can get Stones as he's the best of a bad bunch when you see the usual suspects like Smalling and Rojo available.

Status
Not open for further replies.