Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evertonians when Rodriguez deal first breaks.

970-D0-CB4-58-B3-4-F20-9-D84-028714-E73-E53.gif

Evertonians when Everton completely suck the life out of it and finally announce it.

AFA17-A3-F-29-EB-4-EAC-A03-C-A8-A5574980-A5.gif
tenor.gif

Against my better judgement I've just read an article from the Guardian sports writer Jonathan Wilson.
It's supposed to be about James and his proposed move to us. Within the first few lines he then does quite a job on us, with comments like only a couple of teams in the Premier league, us and West Ham would entertain buying him. He accuses us, with maybe a bit of truth, of buying reputation rather than form, listing Iwobi, Siggy, Delph, and then the cheeky prick includes Digne in the list.
Anyway bottom line is that we will be better off if we don't sign him.
I checked Wikipedia on this guy and he's from Sunderland so maybe he isn't another RS apologist.
I suggest reading it.
To be fair though, I doubt that there's any team anywhere outside of a computer game that actually buys reputation. There are certainly poor buys, and we've had more than our fair share, but for every purchase there's a DoF, manager and maybe other scouty types looking at what a player is doing and deciding that he's got something to offer. Sometimes they think he's good now, and I guess sometimes they judge that, though he ain't much now, they can bring out of him what he once showed. Again, sometimes this judgement is wrong, but it still doesn't amount to stupidly buying a player because he was great 2 seasons ago, or because he's generally reckoned to be good. There are lots of bad managers etc, but few completely insane ones.

Panic over for me, pretty sure he will be an everton player after all, made up like.

If we can keep him fit for most of the season the whole team will benefit, Players get better by playing with better players, that simple.

I can imagine DCL, Kean, and most definitely richie can all better their goals scored from last season,

I also wonder with us playing a proper 433 against preston if james may play in a deeper role in some games, think he definitely has the ability to do so.

I made this point yesterday!

It’s hipster to knock everton.

it’s a really tired trope.

ignore them. What is happening tight now is fun. Enjoy it.

get excited about the moment Allan takes the ball off someone, Doucouré carries it forward and lays it to Rodríguez who smashes it from 25 yards with his left peg.
Soon it’ll be hipster to like Everton. And just remember, we were all here first.
What a time to be alive. UTFT

Status
Not open for further replies.