Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest not reading it.

Why do it to yourself lol
There was a nice post just before my initial effort going on about the whiff of snobbery from football writers towards the likes of us.
All fantasy of course, but imagine if Carlo gets us winning a trophy and performing well playing attractive football. I'll put my mortgage on it that these same journalists will be spouting crap about how they all knew we had it in us, and reminding the non believers we were always a big club.

Journalists and other media figures, along with fans of other clubs, are contemptuous of us because we've been a sarcophagus of a club for 30 years. The only way to change that is to regularly win the derby, win at the grounds of the so-called big six, and reliably compete for the European places and top players.

Yes, some will patronise us and dismiss our ambition as "succumbing to allure", but it's up to the club to get in a top manager, back him, get in elite players, develop our own elite players, and start winning football matches on the pitch in style - week in, week out.

In truth, there is no point existing to be the best of the rest. We are either part of the elite or we are West Ham. We haven't been relevant since Howard Kendall left for Spain. We won't be taken seriously until we are victorious in derbies and taking three points from the Emirates on a consistent basis. Everything else is just our own puffed up pride in the face of harsh reality.

We think we deserve respect, but we've been mummified for 30 years. But now the intrepid explorer Moshiri has excavated the tomb door and a crack of light has entered the shaft. Something is stirring in the crypt - and it's not Bill Kenwright's boardroom tea.

Drico.

I bumped into him earlier today. He's just getting to know the area because he's not sure he wants to leave Madrid for Liverpool yet. He's going to the blob later as we are hoping that'll seal the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.