Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully he be announced today.. not sure we can take much more
1599389485818.png

Going for Tuesday that this is said, cant see this getting said before Doucouré myself, saying that if doucouré gets said tomorrow as its been reported and James is still not said by Tuesday,that will panic more people lol

Cheers, the article :

Allan is one of the best defensive midfielders in the world, says Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti
new
Allan was at Goodison Park to watch Everton’s friendly with Preston
Allan was at Goodison Park to watch Everton’s friendly with Preston NATHAN STIRK/GETTY IMAGES
Paul Joyce, Northern Football Correspondent
Sunday September 06 2020, 12.00pm, The Times

With his hood pulled up over his head, and the brim of his baseball cap pulled down over his face, Allan seemed intent on going incognito during his first experience of Goodison Park.

Yet the desire to be hidden from view as he watched Everton’s 2-0 friendly win over Preston North End on Saturday will not last. After all, Carlo Ancelotti believes this is a player who can help Everton emerge from the shadows.
While the impending arrival of Colombian superstar James Rodriguez from Real Madrid embodies glitz and glamour, and the recruitment of Abdoulaye Doucoure from Watford seems savvy, the capture of Napoli’s Allan may yet prove the most significant.

Everton hope the Brazil international will offer more parallels with the iconic Peter Reid than simply wearing the No 6 jersey. Someone who will add much needed bite and aggression to a previously powderpuff midfield and someone who, at the same time, will provide the reassurance for those existing players that have struggled to show the best of themselves to step forward.
“[I am] happy for this,” Ancelotti enthused. “I think that it was not easy to find a deal but, in the end, we were able to do it and I think he will prove to be a fantastic player for us with quality and ability.

“For sure, I have no doubt. He is a player who will show a lot of energy on the pitch. He is very good tactically, good with the ball and good without the ball. He is a fantastic signing for us.
“He is going to put strength in midfield. This is his best quality, in my opinion. For this reason, all the players we have with quality are going to improve for being with him. He is not just a player for himself. He is a player whose energy can make the others better.

“He’s very aggressive. Defensively, he is really good. My personal opinion is that he is one of the best defensive midfielders in the world. He is intelligent tactically and he has got a lot of energy. One against one, he is really strong.”
A quick glance at Allan’s statistics and it is clear where Ancelotti hopes the 29-year-old, who played 61 times for him during his own managerial spell in Naples, will make an impact.

“I’ve been very competitive since I was a child; always wanted to win,” said Allan, who is set to start against Tottenham Hotspur next Sunday.In 23 Serie A appearances for Napoli, of which 16 were starts, Allan made as many tackles [3.5] per 90-minutes as Gylfi Sigurdsson [1.8] and Tom Davies [1.7] combined. He won more possession per 90 minutes than Sigurdsson and Davies, but less than Andre Gomes, and boasts a higher duel success than all three.

“Everything we do in midfield and defence — winning a 50/50, winning a tackle or a one-on-one, clearing the ball — a lot of the time it’s like scoring goal. At times it all seems so natural but a tackle, winning a one-on-one, clearing a ball, if it’s quite a tight game we celebrate as if it’s a goal.

Allan’s appearances last season were restricted by illness and five injuries [knee [twice], rib and muscle fatigue]. He was also perceived as a ringleader of the dressing room mutiny against the decision of Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis to try and force the team into a training camp last November after a poor run of results when Ancelotti was still in charge.

The family home was broken into amid the fall-out — Allan’s wife, Thais, was seven months pregnant at the time — to add further strain on his relationship with the club.
The unravelling had started when Napoli rejected a €60 million bid from Paris St Germain for him against his wishes a year ago, which brings into context the £20 million deal Everton have now struck.

“Yes, they tried to sign him but I didn’t want him to leave so he stayed with me,” said Ancelotti, who offered a thumbs up to watching director of football, Marcel Brands, before the start of the Preston game.

“I don’t know whether it was [€60m], I’m not focused about the money. There was a deal and I think that Everton are happy to have this deal! Napoli were not happy that they had to let him leave.”

A toe injury sustained by Mason Holgate, who left the Preston game on crutches having seen Jonjoe Kenny and Dominic Calvert-Lewin score against the Championship side, is a worry with the trip to Tottenham a week away.
Yerry Mina is expected to be fit, Fabian Delph is expected to join in with training, and the feelgood factor around the club has built once more. Ancelotti oozes confidence.
“We want to make progress. The position of the last season was not enough,” he added.
“We want to improve and we are trying to do everything to improve the squad to be better next season. I am sure the fans will love Allan’s characteristics. And I am sure the fans are also going to love our season.”

But the writer goes off saying we should be signing other types of players, well how about a pacy fullback with a good cross from Marseille?

Its to be expected that some will bang the drum about not signing older players from top clubs, but to get his point across he ignores the fact we're also getting some promising young talent through the doors.

Its the senior players who have continually let us down, so replacing them seems nothing but constructive to me.

He doesn't 'ignore' it, though. Nkounku was signed for the U23s. It's only 'cause Baines retired that we're playing him.

Anyway, going round in circles. His general point about James is, imo, correct. Not every objective piece is a hatchet job.

Going for Tuesday that this is said, cant see this getting said before Doucouré myself, saying that if doucouré gets said tomorrow as its been reported and James is still not said by Tuesday,that will panic more people lol
To be honest, IF they are completed, IF they are expected to train tomorrow, and IF Everton's marketing department are sensible (I know), I could see it being tonight.

If they are training tomorrow, the press will give the game away. If we wanted maximum James exposure, we would announce at a time that better suits places like Medellin, whilst also not being so late that it would go unnoticed here - that would suggest late afternoon, early evening.

So if we announce tonight, that then leaves us free to announce Doucoure early in the morning UK time like we did with Allan.

A lot of guesswork and supposition, but that would make more sense to me. But we'll see I guess.

What's the time difference in Colombia? they're about 6 hours behind yeah? Could be timing the announcement a bit later today because of that.

He doesn't 'ignore' it, though. Nkounku was signed for the U23s. It's only 'cause Baines retired that we're playing him.

Anyway, going round in circles. His general point about James is, imo, correct. Not every objective piece is a hatchet job.

Horribly difficult for anyone to be truly objective though, isn't it. There's a definite leitmotif to journalism about Everton and it isn't one of positivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.