Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

As another week goes by ,starting to get worried were gonna be stuck with this squad. Looking at some of the rumours on here it's based on hope rather than fact with some links. Come on everton give us something to lift our heads.

now wondering what fat, out of shape, 17 stone player we might be looking at...

Welcome back Ash

image-jpeg.38661

1. His career has been nothing but success, why would he risk his reputation with Everton just for a good wage?

2. He’s over 60 and could quite easily have retired with more money than he’ll ever need

3. If he did just want the salary, he could’ve waited a few more months and got similar money from a much bigger and more successful club than ourselves

Nothing suggests to me that Carlo took this job for the money at all.
Can agree with a lot of this. Did see a report that carlo is on a lot more at Everton than he was at Napoli. All 8 was saying was that it was probably a consideration in him coming to Everton. Not having a go because we should have paid the big money for a big name manager before getting koeman and silva

Can agree with a lot of this. Did see a report that carlo is on a lot more at Everton than he was at Napoli. All 8 was saying was that it was probably a consideration in him coming to Everton. Not having a go because we should have paid the big money for a big name manager before getting koeman and silva
I think the journalists at the time said we just kept offering more money until Carlo said yes. I suppose when that happens it must convince him the club is serious about its ambitions. We definitely should have broken the bank for a top manager when we got Koeman in. Although like most things in life it’s about timing. I can’t remember who was available then, but I don’t think Carlo was.

Status
Not open for further replies.