2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're acting like DCL was showing the potential to be a 15+ goal a season striker because he scored 11 goals in 4000 minutes prior to this season you're either trying to rewrite history or you were completely nuts. I wasn't ready to give up on Dom but this season has been a big leap in his level.
Nobody has said that.

Simply that you can't say Kean looks more of a goalscorer than DCL when DCL actually scored more goals at that age. That's what goalscorers do.

Anyway this is the Iwobi thread and Iwobi is not very good.

Feel sorry for Iwobi a bit. It’s not his fault. He probably thought this was a good move for him. Regular starter, big history, part of an improving side. He’s not good enough but he never hides and he’s the least crab like of all of our midfield. That Brands phone call : “Alex, I’m gonna sell you the dream. How much do you want?” 9 months later, he’s the enemy of half of merseyside for a poor final ball. He can count his money anyhow whilst I feel sorry for him.

Mad how little he's rated by any football fan with a pair of working eyes yet we see fit to spunk 35m on it.

Can't recall a player written off, and rightly so, so quickly after arriving here for a big fee.

An absolute dog dump of a player made even worse by the total lack of heart and willing to get stuck in. Prime example being the other week against Leicester (I think) where he sheet out of a challenge that was probably 70:30 in his favour.

Turd and a coward. Magic.

I had my hopes, he looked effective for Arsenal at times and thought there was a player in there

Those hopes are shattered into a million pieces

He doesn’t look anything like the same player, for Arsenal he used to pick the ball up and take people on, he was skilful and quick. Doesn’t look like he can control a football now and you can see his brain visibly explode when he receives it and is facing a defender. It’s honestly like we’ve been given a body double who’s never played football before.

He doesn’t look anything like the same player, for Arsenal he used to pick the ball up and take people on, he was skilful and quick. Doesn’t look like he can control a football now and you can see his brain visibly explode when he receives it and is facing a defender. It’s honestly like we’ve been given a body double who’s never played football before.
Arsenal fans hated him though, they thought he was awful. I had a look the other day to see what i'd said when we signed him, and my first post about him was in 2018, saying "ask an Arsenal fan about Iwobi if you've got a spare 4 hours to listen to them moan", Half my mates are Arsenal fans because I lived near the ground for years, they never had a good word to say about him.

Mad how little he's rated by any football fan with a pair of working eyes yet we see fit to spunk 35m on it.

Can't recall a player written off, and rightly so, so quickly after arriving here for a big fee.

An absolute dog dump of a player made even worse by the total lack of heart and willing to get stuck in. Prime example being the other week against Leicester (I think) where he sheet out of a challenge that was probably 70:30 in his favour.

Turd and a coward. Magic.
LOL we are still using him not picking up a booking for a late challenge as evidence that he doesn't care. It's embarrassing guys.

Arsenal fans hated him though, they thought he was awful. I had a look the other day to see what i'd said when we signed him, and my first post about him was in 2018, saying "ask an Arsenal fan about Iwobi if you've got a spare 4 hours to listen to them moan", Half my mates are Arsenal fans because I lived near the ground for years, they never had a good word to say about him.
That's harsh. They maybe didn't think he was good enough but hated is harsh. And even then I really question Arsenal fans wisdom because to my eye they're still stuck thinking everyone they employ should be Vieira, Henry or Bergkamp. So even pretty solid players like Ramsey got a lot of stick down the years. Walcott another who wasn't world class but obviously did really good things.

So while yes Arsenal fans were happy to see him go it's also kind of fair to say part of the reason they're worse off is his ball progression work helped their crap midfield and without that they've had issues getting the ball forward. Unfortunately he hasn't been able to help us in the same way.

That's harsh. They maybe didn't think he was good enough but hated is harsh. And even then I really question Arsenal fans wisdom because to my eye they're still stuck thinking everyone they employ should be Vieira, Henry or Bergkamp. So even pretty solid players like Ramsey got a lot of stick down the years. Walcott another who wasn't world class but obviously did really good things.

So while yes Arsenal fans were happy to see him go it's also kind of fair to say part of the reason they're worse off is his ball progression work helped their crap midfield and without that they've had issues getting the ball forward. Unfortunately he hasn't been able to help us in the same way.
Nah they really disliked him as a player. Believe me, I heard it every week in the pubs round the ground. He was basically their version of someone like Schneiderlin, they groaned when they saw him on the teamsheet.

Nah they really disliked him as a player. Believe me, I heard it every week in the pubs round the ground. He was basically their version of someone like Schneiderlin, they groaned when they saw him on the teamsheet.
An Arsenal supporting mate of mine messaged me moments after we signed him to take the mick. For context, I hear from this lad maybe once or twice a year!

It's funny you mention Schneiderlin because I'd say we were a bit daft with how crazy we went over him. He ultimately was what our level way. If they did that with Iwobi then what I'm saying about not really seeing it as them viewing it objectively applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.