Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa (Thursday 16 July 18:00) - MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Osman was better than Davies and gomes and iwobi.

Osman wasn't a bad footballer. Had good control of the ball and a brain. Just lacked strength and pace, had he had either of them, would have been a real player for us.

I'd have had Osman in his prime in this team any day. We may actually keep the ball for a bit with him in. His shots would stills pea roll to the keeper, but apart from that....

Can see us suffering a narrow defeat. Everton 0 Aston Villa 1

Stekelenburg

Coleman Keane Holgate/
Branthwaite Digne

Walcott Gordon Bernard

Richarlison

DCL Kean

....at least a bit of interest in a couple of our remaining games, with Villa and Bournemouth fighting for their Premiership lives. The game is significantly important to both and might make the difference in terms of result.
Not to our half of the scoreline it won't

Osman wasn't a bad footballer. Had good control of the ball and a brain. Just lacked strength and pace, had he had either of them, would have been a real player for us.

I'd have had Osman in his prime in this team any day. We may actually keep the ball for a bit with him in. His shots would stills pea roll to the keeper, but apart from that....

Straight away, off the top of my head, I can think of some absolutely glorious Osman goals.

He was a good quality player for a long period of time.

Straight away, off the top of my head, I can think of some absolutely glorious Osman goals.

He wasn't brilliant, or astounding, but he was very tidy in possession. Scored some good goals but had plenty of soft shots that were easy for the keepers. We knew what we would get from him. Never hid, always sharp on the ball.

Had a football brain, real shame he didn't have the physical attributes but still twice the player of any of these midfielders we have. Even without the the pace he was able to create space for himself with a good first touch, something only Richy seems to be able to do.

Let us hope Carlo has got into the players a little bit because that performance yesterday was unacceptable, it is so unprofessional to have that kind of attitude if the players can't be bothered to play then they should not get paid. We need to pick up points in our next few games to give us a bit of momentum going into next season. If we cant beat Aston Villa and Bournemouth at home then we are quite frankly a joke.

Remind me why he seems to be unpopular among many of our fellow Toffees. I thought he was a good and hard-working player, who would walk into this current side for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.