2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but his time is absolutely coming for club and country, believe me

Whenever Pickford gets criticised down these parts, they’re invariably shut down with “Pickford’s been immense for England, end of discussion”.

Under CA your defence has been strong. Is that more to do with the dogged two banks of 4 protecting your goal for 90 minutes? Defensively you seem very organised.

He has this weird ability to do a mental flailing dive but not actually move through the air at all.

That free kick he superman dived at when it was much higher and needed more like a tip over the bar single hand attempt, made me spit out my cornflakes. I wouldn't have minded so much had the free kick been directed into the top corner, but it was basically more or less centre of the goal.

Words fail me.

Whenever Pickford gets criticised down these parts, they’re invariably shut down with “Pickford’s been immense for England, end of discussion”.

Under CA your defence has been strong. Is that more to do with the dogged two banks of 4 protecting your goal for 90 minutes? Defensively you seem very organised.
It’s a lot more backs to the wall than you’d probably expect from Ancelotti with the central midfielders contributing very little to any part of play. Back 4 is pretty organised but no one gifts a goal quite like Everton

It’s a lot more backs to the wall than you’d probably expect from Ancelotti with the central midfielders contributing very little to any part of play. Back 4 is pretty organised but no one gifts a goal quite like Everton

You seem very hard to breakdown, both LFC and Spurs facing a narrow and deep block of 8 in front of Pickford, it took a deflection for the latter to score the winner.

But, at a cost perhaps of not enough numbers in attack supporting DCL and Richarlison? Can’t have footballing cake and have it. Didn’t Tim Cahill say that CA has had to initially target the defence?

You seem very hard to breakdown, both LFC and Spurs facing a narrow and deep block of 8 in front of Pickford, it took a deflection for the latter to score the winner.

But, at a cost perhaps of not enough numbers in attack supporting DCL and Richarlison? Can’t have footballing cake and have it. Didn’t Tim Cahill say that CA has had to initially target the defence?
If you seen the results and the way we were conceding goals before he came in you can see why he is sacrificing the attacking element of the our games atm. Once he gets his own players in i think you will see us attacking more with purpose but atm as a manager he is probably looking at pickford and thinking we need to park the bus with a cruise liner for added security and hoping we catch a team either on the break or from a set piece

We're 1-0 down and this moron kicks it long to Bernard.

Absolutely awful.

Turned round to my pal at that exact moment and said, what chance do we have when he's doing that. Such a moronic decision which sums his time up with us. Horrific decision maker, be it coming for crosses or distribution. Not to mention his palming everything straight back down the middle. Cut our losses and get shot.

Basic requirement of a keeper is kick a ball in a straight line , he cant even do that.

Well, he didn't that time.

Most of the time he does.

His kicking isn't the concern with Pickford.

It is the feeling of insecurity we as fans, and maybe our players and staff, get when he has to make a decision.

For example, the cross he came for and failed to catch today, with it whizzing off his fingertips and out for a corner.

Turned round to my pal at that exact moment and said, what chance do we have when he's doing that. Such a moronic decision which sums his time up with us. Horrific decision maker, be it coming for crosses or distribution. Not to mention his palming everything straight back down the middle. Cut our losses and get shot.

Totally agree with everything you are saying there. I think he's been a complete disaster, compounded by his cringey meltdowns against Newcastle and the kopites and his weird laugh when he makes a mistake. One of the worst keepers in the league.

Well, he didn't that time.

Most of the time he does.

His kicking isn't the concern with Pickford.

It is the feeling of insecurity we as fans, and maybe our players and staff, get when he has to make a decision.

For example, the cross he came for and failed to catch today, with it whizzing off his fingertips and out for a corner.
He's absolutely pants mate.

That is a kick the should be putting on their penalty spot with all our big guys in there.
This is not a rushed clearance , its a free hit under no pressure from any other players.

Cant wait til he's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.