2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he the worst first choice keeper in the league?
For goals conceded think there's only 3/4 worse isn't there?

He literally set the tone for his game for their first corner trying to collect it in while it was miles away from any danger. The guy is a liability and I hope carlo realises this ASAP and sends him packing

We ain't gonna build a solid foundation with him in goal unfortunately. Shame, was made up when we signed him as I really thought he'd kick on under us.

He's had a woeful season for a keeper and anything near 40m I'd snap his little arms off for.

World Cup turned his decision making into mush, not helped by not having genuine competition to get him out the firing line for a few games. Look at other teams

City - Ederson main keeper, Bravo back up
Vermin - Allison main, Adrian back up
United - De Gea and Romero
Arsenal - Leno and Martinez
Spurs - Lloris and Gazzaniga
Chelsea - Kepa and Caballero

Whereas we have Stekelenburg who’s going in five games time, Lossl who couldn’t get a game and ended up back at Huddersfield on loan and Virginia who was frozen out of his loan at Reading after 3 games

World Cup turned his decision making into mush, not helped by not having genuine competition to get him out the firing line for a few games. Look at other teams

City - Ederson main keeper, Bravo back up
Vermin - Allison main, Adrian back up
United - De Gea and Romero
Arsenal - Leno and Martinez
Spurs - Lloris and Gazzaniga
Chelsea - Kepa and Caballero

Whereas we have Stekelenburg who’s going in five games time, Lossl who couldn’t get a game and ended up back at Huddersfield on loan and Virginia who was frozen out of his loan at Reading after 3 games

Half of those backups you mentioned are absolutely turd though, it has nothing to do with competition, he’s just a poor goalkeeper.

I can't see the club being willing to take a big hit on a fee, but I reckon he'd be allowed to move on if anything north of £30m came in.

With midfield and creativity your priority, will CA really want to spend money on a quality replacement for Pickford this summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.