2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve never seen a goalkeeper regress in their mid twenties before, I really think we didn’t take into account the blokes weird attitude before we signed him.

Of course there were alarm bells regarding his ability at Sunderland too.

If a decent offer comes in for him I'd be going cap in hand to Brighton for Matt Ryan. You'd struggle to find a better keeper £ for £ than him. Same cleansheets as JP in more inferior team you'd say. Only two years left on his Brighton deal, and great age (28) for a keeper.

I've never, in all my years watching football have I seen a keeper throw himself towards a ball which is quite clearly going wide or over the bar. It's comical

100% mate it's bloody appalling and it tells me he

A) he doesn't understand his positioning and angles

B) is doing it for the camera

If it's B it means he isn't focused and if its A he shouldn't be a Goalkeeper.

The free kick one last night, any Goalkeeper worth their salt would have known that was over and by some distance yet Pickford hurls himself into mid air even though its about 2 yards over and he's about 4 yards away from making any kind of contact with it.

Anything close to 40m and I'd be shifting him out and try Gylfi in goal, we've tried him in every other position and he's been crap so maybe he could be a decent keeper.

I've never, in all my years watching football have I seen a keeper throw himself towards a ball which is quite clearly going wide or over the bar. It's comical

The one against Norwich where it was trickling towards his midriff and he waited until the ball was already past him so he could do a spectacular dive and it ended up hitting the post was the weirdest.

Declined massively from his 17/18 season. Needs to either pick his form up next season or we’ll need to look for another goalkeeper.
Declined I agree with, massively not so much. These issues were there in that season, there were plenty of us pointing them out. He made some good saves though, and he got plenty of practice, so people thought he was doing a lot better than he was. He certainly wasn't calm or steady at that point, and he made a fair few rickets too.

Anything close to 40m and I'd be shifting him out and try Gylfi in goal, we've tried him in every other position and he's been crap so maybe he could be a decent keeper.
Not worth even half of that.

As much as I'd love to see the back of him, nobody is stupid enough to pay 40m.

100% mate it's bloody appalling and it tells me he

A) he doesn't understand his positioning and angles

B) is doing it for the camera

If it's B it means he isn't focused and if its A he shouldn't be a Goalkeeper.

The free kick one last night, any Goalkeeper worth their salt would have known that was over and by some distance yet Pickford hurls himself into mid air even though its about 2 yards over and he's about 4 yards away from making any kind of contact with it.

If you ever sit behind him in the stands you will see just how woeful his positioning is. I still can’t get over that Bruno Fernandes goal

Status
Not open for further replies.