Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the laziest performances from an Everton midfield ever..... It's a mix of not good enough, and not caring enough.....

Needs fixing quickly in the summer window, enough is enough

Do we employ an attack/offensive coach?

If we do, sack him. We look clueless in the top third of the pitch. Every pass seems to go backwards or sideways. Can any of our players actually take on an opponent? It doesn't look like it to me.
Sorry to disappoint you but I think that's the Ancelotti way. Because he's always had players who can look to be going nowhere but would then show their true abilities with a through ball, a burst of speed, or a lengthy drive turning defence into attack. After the pathetic performances tonight and at Chelsea he's going to have to rethink his approach I think.

Your last para is exactly my feeling. Gomes is a player, but he needs somebody beside him to do the grunt work.

Yes probably true. I worry about Gomes sometimes though. Today he had 3 partners and he didn't look right. I thought Gordon was better than him in there. A 19 year old lad in his 5th game who was playing as a 9 for the reserves last season.

I mean I know Gomes has good games as well, and in fairness he was excellent against Arsenal away a few months back. But today he was woeful.

Well you'd have to assume that wouldn't you? I've seen the lad with my own two eyes though, and I know he can tackle and intercept. He's limited but he can do that at least. At times, the lads playing in midfield for us are as bad as any I've seen. I mean Gareth Farrelly was bad, but he would at least tackle.

Well possibly, people say he couldnt do any worse though, he absolutely could! That's the scary part.

I have held off on Baines playing any other position than LB for many years now but if we are looking at options playing him left mid could be worse, at least he can find a blue shirt.

Not one for the future or anything but until the end of the season at least.

This club is so depressing. Ingrained losers mentality throughout the squad and it's been that way for years and years if we are honest

If I'm Baningime or Adineran I'm going banging on the door of Ancelotti tomorrow morning and saying "any chance"?

The midfield 4 of Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Bernard and Gomes had a total of 2 tackles, intercepts, clearances and blocks all game. Davies (who I thought was only ok) managed 3 on his own. You're surely saying I can add some bite to this midfield, you've seen Gordon slotting into midfield and looking a cut above, give me a chance.

The midfield is hideous at times. Yes Richarlinson, Calvert Lewin and Kean are a bit raw, yes Keane and MIna can be a bit clumsy but they were all ok today. What goes between them though is woeful. It's not just Sigurdsson either. Bernard and Iwobi today, swan around like we are 4-0 up.
Well I’ll put it this way, we’ve have 4 different managers in the last few years with these youngsters coming through. In those years we’ve basically had no midfield aside from Gana. Very clear that those lads are no where near good enough for the first team, even with how bad we are already. Managers probably think give enough rope to the senior players to string themselves up and get them out the club. No point putting a young player in who’s no where good enough and exposing him on a global stage before his career has even really begun.

Well possibly, people say he couldnt do any worse though, he absolutely could! That's the scary part.

I have held off on Baines playing any other position than LB for many years now but if we are looking at options playing him left mid could be worse, at least he can find a blue shirt.

Not one for the future or anything but until the end of the season at least.

If your Baningime though, surely you are going to have a word with the manager?

You never seem to have a positive word to say about the team you support. Sad.
I think we've been very good defensively over this same stretch. I mean we are two crap deflections away from a four game run of clean sheets. So that part is going really well.

But we've been terrible with the ball. The only good attacking players we have are Richarlison, maybe DCL (who hasn't been so good the last two but was against Norwich and the RS), maybe Kean (who needs to play more) and maybe Gordon. They get no service so it is hard to say they're playing poorly but as a result of the lack of ball progression and creativity we haven't done enough in attack. No that isn't positive, but I'm also not going to lie about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.