Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm Baningime or Adineran I'm going banging on the door of Ancelotti tomorrow morning and saying "any chance"?

The midfield 4 of Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Bernard and Gomes had a total of 2 tackles, intercepts, clearances and blocks all game. Davies (who I thought was only ok) managed 3 on his own. You're surely saying I can add some bite to this midfield, you've seen Gordon slotting into midfield and looking a cut above, give me a chance.

The midfield is hideous at times. Yes Richarlinson, Calvert Lewin and Kean are a bit raw, yes Keane and MIna can be a bit clumsy but they were all ok today. What goes between them though is woeful. It's not just Sigurdsson either. Bernard and Iwobi today, swan around like we are 4-0 up.

Baningime has had about 3 games sat on the subs bench in 3 years under a raft of different managers for a reason. He obviously can't be that good.

I know but we are so one paced in midfield it's untrue, hope to God I never see Sigurdsson in an Everton shirt ever again. Total waste of space, looks like he just doesn't care.
Think we have said that a few times this year.
That game reminded me of the game vs the RS b/c/d/e/f team

I thought he back 4 were fine. Other than a freak goal going in they kept Spurs opportunities to a minimum.
Yeah but Coleman just wasted every opportunity when he got near their box and Digne wasted so many free kicks/corners with awful delivery. CBs didn't do much in corners either.

Why isn't everyone losing their minds over Gordon walking forward getting caught in possession and then not bothering to track back until a couple of seconds later? Should never wear the shirt again blah blah blah... Gomes has just returned from a life changing injury and then had 3 months off for covid, give him a break.

If I'm Baningime or Adineran I'm going banging on the door of Ancelotti tomorrow morning and saying "any chance"?

The midfield 4 of Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Bernard and Gomes had a total of 2 tackles, intercepts, clearances and blocks all game. Davies (who I thought was only ok) managed 3 on his own. You're surely saying I can add some bite to this midfield, you've seen Gordon slotting into midfield and looking a cut above, give me a chance.

The midfield is hideous at times. Yes Richarlinson, Calvert Lewin and Kean are a bit raw, yes Keane and MIna can be a bit clumsy but they were all ok today. What goes between them though is woeful. It's not just Sigurdsson either. Bernard and Iwobi today, swan around like we are 4-0 up.

Your last para is exactly my feeling. Gomes is a player, but he needs somebody beside him to do the grunt work.

Why isn't everyone losing their minds over Gordon walking forward getting caught in possession and then not bothering to track back until a couple of seconds later? Should never wear the shirt again blah blah blah... Gomes has just returned from a life changing injury and then had 3 months off for covid, give him a break.

No.

Pickford - 5/10
Coleman - 3
Sidibe - 2
Keane - 4
Holgate - 4
Mina - 5
Digne - 3
Iwobi - 1
Sigurdsson - 1
Gomes - 1
Davies - 1
Bernard - 2
Gordon - 7 motm
Richy - 6
DCL - 4
Kean - 5
Digne 3? Really he was one of 3 players that looked liked he cared tonight

Baningime has had about 3 games sat on the subs bench in 3 years under a raft of different managers for a reason. He obviously can't be that good.

Well you'd have to assume that wouldn't you? I've seen the lad with my own two eyes though, and I know he can tackle and intercept. He's limited but he can do that at least. At times, the lads playing in midfield for us are as bad as any I've seen. I mean Gareth Farrelly was bad, but he would at least tackle.

Yeah but Coleman just wasted every opportunity when he got near their box and Digne wasted so many free kicks/corners with awful delivery. CBs didn't do much in corners either.

Yeah that's normal for us. Lack of brains again. The chance which came to Coleman in the second half when he was free on the edge of the box and it was rolled perfectly into his stride and he chipped it over DCL did my head in. Just hit the thing!

Digne's too far cut backs annoy me too. He does it all the time even when it doesn't make sense. I wouldn't mind if someone was running onto them but they never are.

Status
Not open for further replies.