2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always been supportive of Tom Davies but I felt he looked lost and a little confused during the Norwich game, and not for the first time his tackling and passing were off. The lad really needs to start sorting himself out while the opportunity is still there for him; once this season is done and Ancellotti brings in a few new faces etc. I feel Davies will be lucky to get a place on the bench.

Sounds like my Gran

I’ll admit that the goal against city clouded my judgement, but I’m starting to see the fact that he isn’t at the level we need.

Funny old game this football...

If Davies scores from that shot in the derby in the last few mins he becomes an instant hero...

Alas he didn't then follows it up with a poor display against a weak Norwich team & becomes a subject of derogatory comments & mockery...

Now Davies is still learning,developing & improving, he works his heart out for the cause & plays the game with 100% so I don't think he deserves the critisism he gets, he will know he didn't perform in the Norwich game but let's not write him off & ridicule the lad...

I’ll admit that the goal against city clouded my judgement, but I’m starting to see the fact that he isn’t at the level we need.

Same as half our team but he takes more stick, which is surprising considering he’s a local lad.
Then again we are awful at supporting our own.

It’s no good slating him. He gets picked every week and tries his best. Never hides and never moans. He’s just not good enough for our ambitions. It’s a measure of our recruitment that he’s still an ever present.

Funny old game this football...

If Davies scores from that shot in the derby in the last few mins he becomes an instant hero...

Alas he didn't then follows it up with a poor display against a weak Norwich team & becomes a subject of derogatory comments & mockery...

Now Davies is still learning,developing & improving, he works his heart out for the cause & plays the game with 100% so I don't think he deserves the critisism he gets, he will know he didn't perform in the Norwich game but let's not write him off & ridicule the lad...
He hasn’t improved in the 4 years since he’s made he debut though?

Same as half our team but he takes more stick, which is surprising considering he’s a local lad.
Then again we are awful at supporting our own.

I’d say we are too lenient on our own, there are a lot of people on here that defend Davies despite him being possibly our worst performing player. Yet Kean for example, who has played a tiny percentage of what Davies has, has already been wrote off as awful.

People still hold an affinity to Hibbert and Osman, calling them loyal servants, when in reality the pair of them wouldn’t have got a game for any of the teams above or around us.

Some are that desperate for us to produce a young talented player, that they let it cloud their judgement as to what Davies actually produces on the pitch. The truth is, we haven’t produced a decent local player since Rooney.

There’s nothing wrong with that, as players like that don’t come through the academy’s that often; but you can’t blame fans lack of support when we’re all desperate for another player of that quality to come through.

Davies still only 21yrs old at the moment is still improving & learning so don't understand all the comments here...

He offers commitment,loyalty & youthfulness to our team as we struggle with fitness & injuries to our midfield...

Davies will improve over time & offer the energy we need in midfield to press teams & move forward with Ancelotti...

Davies still only 21yrs old at the moment is still improving & learning so don't understand all the comments here...

He offers commitment,loyalty & youthfulness to our team as we struggle with fitness & injuries to our midfield...

Davies will improve over time & offer the energy we need in midfield to press teams & move forward with Ancelotti...
I disagree with everything you've said there. But we all have our own opinions, and that's what forums are about.

I disagree with everything you've said there. But we all have our own opinions, and that's what forums are about.

Of course...

Constructive criticism is fine & should be encouraged, but to continuously slate the lad & mock him does not help the club,team & confidence of the player concerned...

Status
Not open for further replies.